Vector turbo?

ckleeves

WKR
How are you guys that have a turbo liking them? I have been thinking about selling my 2011 element and getting one since I just use it for a backup. Or wait and hope that Hoyt comes out with a carbon speed bow for 2013?

OR Archer

WKR
I dont personally have one but when someone comes into our shop and wants to shoot a Hoyt its the first bow I grab for them. Smooth, fast, and most of all accurate. That bow aims amazingly well. Id take it over the 2011 Element any day of the week and twice on Sunday.

armyjoe

Super Moderator
I got rid of my Mathews Z7 last week and picked up the Vector Turbo.. Couldn't be happier. It seriously is a great shooting bow and I can't find one thing I don't like. Extremely easy to get everything tuned too. I highly recommend it!

OP
ckleeves

ckleeves

WKR
Thanks for the info guys. I just need to shoot one it's tough being a lefty nobody near me has one in lh. I have also thought about a alpha burner I kinda regret selling the one I had and they are pretty darn cheap right now. I know I'm weird but I can't tell a ton of difference between fuels and RKT cams I have a 2011 and a 2012 element and I prefer the 12 slightly but I always liked both the xtr and fuel cams.

OR Archer - which rest do you recommend with the VT? I have a Hoyt Maxxis 35 and I am rolling with the Trophy Taker shakey hunter. Is there a particular rest that you recommend with the Hoyts?

OR Archer

WKR
We have had good luck with the Ripcord Code Red and the Trophy Taker Xtreme FCs. Cam is shooting the Trophy Taker and my co worker a Code Red. Both shoot really good groups at long range with both. The new Pro Series Trophy Taker will fit better on the bridged riser than the original FC. Id be interested to try a Smack Down Pro Series on one.

bandit1

FNG
I've got a smackdown pro on my turbo and love it. It fits great and is simple to tune.

bobhunts

WKR
I just got mine last weekend and very easy to set up..shoots nice like no other bow I have owned. I think I'm really gonna like the longer ATA. The cams are sweet. Great job Hoyt! Now I need to put some arrows through it. At least more than I did Sunday but as we all Know Work Work and more of it. I'm gonna do a three day scouting trip this weekend and I'll put some arrows through it for sure while I'm gone. Bob.

Thanks for the replies gentlemen! I might have to give the pro series a try but the trophy taker extreme FC might also get a look. I hate that bridged riser getting in the way when trying to tune the windage!

6t4nova

WKR
Just bought one today. Should have it early next week. Looking forward to shooting this thing.

Anyone needing a Mathews Z7 Xtreme?

All the Vector Turbo is, is a Vector 35 but with a 6" BH. I really wish they would make a VT in a 32" ATA model for us shorter guys. Plus it would then have an IBO of 345 fps. Again so us guys with T-Rex arms can shoot a little bit faster. I really love my Alpha Max 32 and it'll be hard to let go but.... I think in 2014 my birthday present tri myself will be a new Hoyt.

Quick question. Does anyone notice in an accuracy or forgiveness difference when going from a 7" BH to a 6" BH?

Lawnboi

WKR
All the Vector Turbo is, is a Vector 35 but with a 6" BH. I really wish they would make a VT in a 32" ATA model for us shorter guys. Plus it would then have an IBO of 345 fps. Again so us guys with T-Rex arms can shoot a little bit faster. I really love my Alpha Max 32 and it'll be hard to let go but.... I think in 2014 my birthday present tri myself will be a new Hoyt.

Quick question. Does anyone notice in an accuracy or forgiveness difference when going from a 7" BH to a 6" BH?

Coming from a fellow stumpy armed guy, i like my VT more than my AM32. Little bigger and heavier but i see no difference in accuracy. My VT is more comfortable to hold at full draw at 73lbs than my AM32 at 63.

Maxhunter

WKR
I have a turbo and it's one of the best shooting Hoyt I've owned. It's a tack driver if you do you're part. With my 26.5 draw it's very forgiving and plenty fast with my 415 grain arrow. I might just have to convert by 2011 Element to RKT cams, I know some folks have already done it. Hoyt doesn't recommend it and it will void your warranty.

Daniel Bybee

Lil-Rokslider
If hoyt doesnt come out with something spectacular I will probably end up with the vector turbo. Should be alright at my 27 inch draw. Daniel