Vegan Plus

OP
zog

zog

Lil-Rokslider
There is already a term for what you are describing. It is called "food".

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yeah, always has been.

My point was about how great the same "food" tastes with these recipes that I used to avoid because they are "vegan". And that my daughter is having fun telling her friends that she's not just vegan, she's vegan plus.

Rob5589

WKR
An old partner was hardcore vegan. He would bring in take out that smelled delicious although I never tried it. The volume of food he would eat was crazy. That and he ate gobs of rice, brown of course, and pounds of almonds to get protein.

I’m the best cook I know. And, I eat a lot of veggies. Always have. I enjoy them the way they taste. Raw or cooked. They make up 60-70% of my portion per meal. I find no need to eat a spiffy dish with protein substitutes just like I find no need for dishes made up to make them taste better.

People often miss the show because they look past it trying to find something else. The health craze to eat vegetables is like everything else. There is a point when the additives to make these dishes cancel out the benefit of the ingredients.

Not knocking anyone’s personal choice. Just stating reality.

An old partner was hardcore vegan. He would bring in take out that smelled delicious although I never tried it. The volume of food he would eat was crazy. That and he ate gobs of rice, brown of course, and pounds of almonds to get protein.
It’s mind boggling the amount of food a person can eat if they don’t eat processed junk.

grfox92

WKR
I ate vegan for a few months trying to help a health issue I was having. I can't say truly vegan because I was eating meat or eggs maybe 1 or 2 times per month.

I will say after the first 2 weeks I felt amazing. I'm sure packing your self full of fruit and vegetables every day for weeks on end has huge health benefits with all the antioxidants and micro nutrients.

A few months in, I became weak. Really weak. Picking up heavy things was noticeably difficult and harder then it should be.

Now after that experiment, I have found that lots of quality wild and grass fed meats with tons of fruit and vegetables is the way to go for me personally.

Eating "vegan" for that time, it taught me tons of different ways if cooking and new foods. None of that fake meat garbage, but use of different vegetables, mushrooms, quinoa and so forth. Definetly good to try new things.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

I don’t challenge vegans as long as they dont challenge me... which almost never happens. then I do. Because they have limited themselves to veggies, they have figured out a bunch of very tasty ways to make them. So that part is awesome and I benefit from it. IMO It’s like recycling, renewable enrgy etc... good for you just don’t foist any moral superiority on me. I don’t enjoy moral superiority of any stripe actually... whether it be vegan or carnivorous.

Poser

WKR
I always bring game meat to dinner parties: venison, squirrel, beaver, you name it. If there is a vegan at a dinner party where there is game meat, they always get peer pressured to eat it. “It doesn’t count, it’s wild game.” They almost always crack under pressure.

sharpekd

FNG
I have friends that are hard core vegans and have also sworn off alcohol and sugar. When we go to their house, dinner is obviously vegan. They are always surprised that I eat the vegan meal. I'm not sure why they are surprised. They are good cooks and it is always a very good meal. I just remind them that it would have been a lot better if it had been served with a steak and some bacon on the salad.

Crghss

Lil-Rokslider
I try not to purchase to much farm raised animal meat. Absolutely no farm raised fish.

Shoot a pig and/or deer. Combined with fish and shellfish I harvest it gets me through.

But I do go through stretches, 2 - 4 weeks, where I eat a vegan diet. For health reasons or the pantry hasn’t been restocked with protein.

Having a desk job and turning 50 it just makes easier to maintain my health with a high fruit & veggie Diet.

So I to am a vegan plus!

I also ate vegan for a couple of months due to health reasons. I will say I felt amazing the whole time (you have to constantly eat) I ate a lot of spinach for my protein and also had vegan shakes so I didn't wind up feeling weak. I had a lot of energy regardless of how much sleep I had.

After one trip to a buddies house and smelling a brisket cook on the pit, I gave in. I was sick as a dog afterwards, but I never looked back at going vegan, because when it all boils down to it, we are supposed to eat meat. I will still eat some of the dishes I use to, but don't think I will go back vegan unless I have to for health.

GSPHUNTER

WKR
I know you have all heard it before but, vegetarian is an Indian word for bad hunter.

OXN939

WKR
She calls it "Vegan +" . . . Vegan plus meat. Worth a try!

Funny, I've been calling it this exact same thing and doing the exact same thing for about 5 years. Basically ends up being mostly plant based, avoiding commercial dairy and meat, plus wild game. Did venison nachos for UFC 268 last night and they were a half step below Gaethje Chandler for star of the show.

As a benefit, a full week of groceries from Aldi recently was $42.50. Pretty wild.

My wife is vegan (15 years). I eat what she cooks and throw an elk loin or a pork chop on my plate as I choose. Her diet is probably better for our health if you honestly look at it. I’m a slut for good meat dishes like elk chili, ribeye, pork souvlaki, lamb chops, red snapper, etc., I appreciate the fact that she’s trying to keep us healthy with good organic dishes.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
xiaoxu425