Vegas archery shoot 2022

I was competing at the Vegas Shoot , the world's largest archery competition. It was a great event, and my 3rd time there competing. I entered the Championship Compound Sr division and ended up 37th out of 120 archers. That was surprising as I had my worst event ever shooting 6 arrows below my average for a round.

But what really stood out was the youth shooting in the Championship Open classes for both men and women. 2 time champ in the women's class, Liko Arreola (14 yrs old) and Bodie Turner taking the mens open class. Bodie just turned 15 on that Friday and defeated the best in the world. It was crazy. These young archers will move the needle in the archery community for years to come.

3forks

WKR
I was competing at the Vegas Shoot , the world's largest archery competition. It was a great event, and my 3rd time there competing. I entered the Championship Compound Sr division and ended up 37th out of 120 archers. That was surprising as I had my worst event ever shooting 6 arrows below my average for a round.

But what really stood out was the youth shooting in the Championship Open classes for both men and women. 2 time champ in the women's class, Liko Arreola (14 yrs old) and Bodie Turner taking the mens open class. Bodie just turned 15 on that Friday and defeated the best in the world. It was crazy. These young archers will move the needle in the archery community for years to come.
I follow archery shoots and what Bodie and Liko are accomplishing is impressive.

For anyone who doesn’t know, Bodie is the son of Joel Turner who teaches his controlled process theory that is designed to prevent or resolve target panic.

As mfllood3800 points out, a lot of younger archers seem to be reaching a very high level of proficiency and becoming competitive quickly.

I can‘t help but wonder if newer methodologies concerning the shot process are the reason for this.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I watched the men's shoot down last night, Bodie shot well in Vegas and at the Lancaster shoot the week before.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Liko is a badass. Back to back Vegas wins at 14 is crazy and with back 2 back 900s. Her parents are working with the county to try to get a new 3d range built here in Maui which would be sweet.

For those who missed it, Junior Turner shot a perfect 660 at Lancaster the previous weekend. These young'ins are tearing it up.

The roar from the crowd at the time was a little obnoxious, but I guess it was deserved. Only the fourth time it has happened.

Congratulations to @mfllood3800 , that's no small feat he pulled off.

Many think they can shoot, til you start keeping score.

ZDR

WKR

Well done amigo! You’re up against the best in the world so hats off to you placing that well.
And Yes, the youngsters are something else. Amazing composure for that age.

OP
mfllood3800
I watched the men's shoot down last night, Bodie shot well in Vegas and at the Lancaster shoot the week before.

shouldn't you have been out scouting for me in DC area ? I'm not gonna stumble on them elk by accident.. :)

OP
mfllood3800
For those who missed it, Junior Turner shot a perfect 660 at Lancaster the previous weekend. These young'ins are tearing it up.

The roar from the crowd at the time was a little obnoxious, but I guess it was deserved. Only the fourth time it has happened.

Congratulations to @mfllood3800 , that's no small feat he pulled off.

Many think they can shoot, til you start keeping score.
I shot like crap. But it's Vegas and I guess a lot of others did as well. I'm not a big archery competitor traveling to shoot, and stepping up to the line in the Arena at Vegas, standing next to Keith Trail, Gillingham, Morrocco etc, I was shaky. I think I added 4 oz to the front a rear both. That is a ton of extra weight for those that don't know. I had fun in spite of my crappy execution, but it was so cool watching the youth step up and utilize the experience of elders and all the available tools many of us never had. They are proving they are teachable and it is refreshing.

I shot like crap. But it's Vegas and I guess a lot of others did as well. I'm not a big archery competitor traveling to shoot, and stepping up to the line in the Arena at Vegas, standing next to Keith Trail, Gillingham, Morrocco etc, I was shaky. I think I added 4 oz to the front a rear both. That is a ton of extra weight for those that don't know. I had fun in spite of my crappy execution, but it was so cool watching the youth step up and utilize the experience of elders and all the available tools many of us never had. They are proving they are teachable and it is refreshing.

Hell I get my money taken more than I like to admit by one of them.

I know all about it, especially the oh chit, let's do this it will help....

OP
mfllood3800
Hell I get my money taken more than I like to admit by one of them.

I know all about it, especially the oh chit, let's do this it will help....
lol, I was so desperate to slow the movement. I never could minimize it, only dampen it with weight so it was just slower moving hoping my shot timing would benefit. I could literally see my heart rate thru my lens. LOL

OP
mfllood3800
Heart rate was mid 70's in my room, 90 at the chairs in the arena waiting to shoot, 1109 to 18 during shooting. It was crazy. Keep in mind that data is all from a very precise piece of medical equipment called a Garmin watch. lol

Heart rate was mid 70's in my room, 90 at the chairs in the arena waiting to shoot, 1109 to 18 during shooting. It was crazy. Keep in mind that data is all from a very precise piece of medical equipment called a Garmin watch. lol

Stare at the center and pull.

That's what works for me anyways.

No idea what you do about the heart rate, you just need to shoot trough it, or try.

Or get on them beta blockers.

OP
mfllood3800
Stare at the center and pull.

That's what works for me anyways.

No idea what you do about the heart rate, you just need to shoot trough it, or try.

Or get on them beta blockers.
I was trying to run Eyler down. lol I just shot thru it best I could. I need more time at the line getting used to the stress.

My bowcase has backups of:

Release
Arrow puller
Arrows
Kickstand
Water bottle
Trail mix
BC Powder
Allen wrenches
Lighter
Loop material
Underwear

OP
mfllood3800
You ain't even been up in a couple of years slacker, I've been after wolves

I know.
Tags sold out so fast.
And I didn't want nasty NR notes on my truck window.
Lol

Trapping wolves ?

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk