Vegetable Garden

Vaneric

FNG
I also love to take care of my garden and do everything I can to make it look beautiful.
I always get new ideas from https://gardeningtoolshq.com because I've found a lot of things here that I haven't even thought about trying.
In general, we have a friendly 'battle' with the neighbors and we always compete in which garden is more beautiful and in the evening we gather together and admire the beauties we made.

Last edited:

Mike1187

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this back up...who’s getting ready for spring? I know most of you are still covered up in snow but figured get this thread going again. Worked on getting the soil ready here in S.Texas, looking forward to a good harvest with the kiddos.
On the list this year:
Sweet Corn
Okra
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
Cucumbers (slice and pickle)
Tomatoes (cherry and slice)
Peppers (bell, little sweeties, jalapeño, shishitos)
Onions
Bush Beans
Herbs (cilantro, thyme, rosemary)

Bsd0323

Lil-Rokslider
Bringing this back up...who’s getting ready for spring? I know most of you are still covered up in snow but figured get this thread going again. Worked on getting the soil ready here in S.Texas, looking forward to a good harvest with the kiddos.
On the list this year:
Sweet Corn
Okra
Yellow Squash
Zucchini
Cucumbers (slice and pickle)
Tomatoes (cherry and slice)
Peppers (bell, little sweeties, jalapeño, shishitos)
Onions
Bush Beans
Herbs (cilantro, thyme, rosemary)
We just moved so gonna try and do a garden with raised beds and 5 gallon buckets.

I ordered all my seeds last month. I think seeds will be tight again this year. I’ll start planting snap peas in February if the ground dries out enough.

Goatboy22

FNG
Sorry, messed up there as a newbie! Keep in mind that any seeds you buy and don't plant can be kept in a ziplock bag in the beer fridge and planted indefinitely. I plant seeds I've had in the fridge for up to 10 years with no problem. Maybe lost viability on 10 - 20 % of them if they are larger seeds.

Diesel

WKR
Great thread. These gardens are impressive. I really like the high boxes for less back strain and weed control. Everything has to be fenced because of deer and racoons.

Ordered my seeds this past week so I could get the seed that works best for my taste and locale. I'm thinking seed may be in high demand again this year

I always over do the types of peppers, because it is the one crop that I struggle with. Some years good, some not.

Sweet Corn - One type
Tomatoes - Three types
Onions - Two types
Carrots - Two types
Peppers - Eight types, three as experiments
Beets - One types
Green Beans - Two types
Squashes - Four Types
Zukes - One Type
Melon - One type as experiment for this zone.

I stopped doing cabbage, broccoli, cauliflower, peas, brussels sprouts, lettuce and spinach for various reasons and my age.

I have not found a tomato sauce recipe that meets my liking. Prego is the store brand I like, but I haven't even come close.

I also have a small garden. I try to grow vegetables there, but only the weed grows. I read all the necessary information about it, bought everything I needed, but it still doesn't work. Maybe it's the soil? I would like to eat fresh broccoli, zucchini and other vegetables from the garden, but it turns out to eat only store-bought ones. However, I am wary of buying vegetables in stores, because they can be stuffed with different chemicals, and you need to be able to recognize the fresh ones from the bad ones. On one of the sites I read an article about storing broccoli, how to recognize if it has gone bad, etc. If someone is interested in reading it too, then click here.

Last edited:

FLAK

WKR
Got some cabbage that will need to be picked soon.
Kale still doing good. It seems to have like our "cold"
winter this year.

In other news... closed on a 1-4 day most weather fish boat two weeks ago. In NC and hope to get her on way home (new home) by end of month.

Have a very good boat yard doing some work. I will then spruce up things here.
74B5EAEB-C32A-421C-9152-1582233A20EE.jpegADC3FFF8-8955-4346-A640-923CFA24F408.jpegEB7F577D-2C91-4DA9-A396-2E856ED1962E.jpeg2F98023F-FB39-4B0B-8F40-D82816F73973.jpeg