Vegetable recipes

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
I’m like a lot of people and need to add more plants to my diet. If you would please share some of your favorite vegetable recipes.

I’m making an honest attempt to clean up my diet but usually struggle in this department.

Thanks

Joe

OP
W

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
My neighbor has 100 squash and zucchini plants. We eat a ton of it the way you mentioned haha

Btaylor

WKR
In soups and stews obviously as well as in salads. We roast them a lot and just change up the seasonings. Some favorites are cavendars, Tony, Chicago Steak and an italian blend as well as plain ol' S&P.

Squash fritters are one of my favorites but doesnt really help with "cleaning up" the diet. LOL

OP
W

WestexSBK

Lil-Rokslider
Oh I’m an expert when it comes to cooking vegetables in an unhealthy way!

Gorp2007

WKR
Same as above, roast or grill 'em and enjoy. Our favorites are broccoli, cauliflower, and asparagus but it works for carrots, sweet potatoes, really anything you can think of. Sometimes we'll roast a chicken over a bed of carrots, potatoes, and radishes and the end result of vegetables roasting in chicken fat* can only be properly expressed by a chef gently kissing his fingertips. As long as you can avoid the temptation to bread it and cover it with cheese, you can manage to keep it healthy.

*It's totally paleo/keto/healthy somehow