Vehicle Advice

I'll soon need to replace my 99 F250 v10. Looking to get into something with better MPG, suv 4x4 probably. Can only spend 3k, don't want a payment. Any advice on what yr/model and where to look would be great.

IdahoElk

WKR
That's fine, interior condition is of little to no importance to me. 21 YO just need to make it to the trailhead 🤘

You can find good ones if you look,I put almost 300k on mine when I sold it and the interior was great. Look for a limited with a rear Elocker and it will go anywhere, was a awesome hunting rig.

Moosehunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a GMC Yukon '99, sweet mountain car and if u watch ur sales u can get one for around 3

Mt Al

WKR
Vote for looking at an old Subaru outback. Have driven the wheels off several of them, had many critters tied to the hood, slept in the back, excellent in snow as long as it's not too deep. You will take tons of crap and hate because it's not a lifted truck that sucks gas/is loud, but they work.

I'll soon need to replace my 99 F250 v10. Looking to get into something with better MPG, suv 4x4 probably. Can only spend 3k, don't want a payment. Any advice on what yr/model and where to look would be great.
I'm looking for a about the same thing. It needs to be reliable enough to drive 25 miles to work in the winter, get over some 6,000-8,000 ft passes if need be, and be nimble on rocky trails. Its gonna be a sub $5000 ride so I want to start out with $2-3,000 so I can add tires, light bars, possibly bumpers, etc. Plan to DIY it.

I've been thinking about a Tahoe. Should I have my heart set on the 5.3 or will the 4.3 handle big tires/snow chains/rough terrain ok?
My brother has a 3rd gen 4runner so I kinda want something different.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
bluegrassbackcountry
+1 on a 3rd gen 4runner. I paid $4000 for mine 5 years ago with about 150kmiles on it (I think), and it was more or less mint. You need to have cash, take your time looking, and jump fast when the right one comes along. Go for no rust over high miles.

Will do. That's encouraging to hear

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
3rd generation(96-02) 4runner

Wow, they're selling those for $3k and under? In the last few years I've had at least 1/2 dozen strangers offer me $5k for my '89 4x4 pickup. After telling one guy "not a chance", he offered $10k. I still told him "NO". I can't believe those later model 4runners are going that cheap......unless there's something wrong with them.

Fatcamp

WKR
Wow, they're selling those for $3k and under? In the last few years I've had at least 1/2 dozen strangers offer me $5k for my '89 4x4 pickup. After telling one guy "not a chance", he offered $10k. I still told him "NO". I can't believe those later model 4runners are going that cheap......unless there's something wrong with them.

High miles and you have to move quick.

I just transitioned from F250 to 4runner. Couldn't be happier.

16Bore

WKR
4 Runners aren’t Trucks from my experience. Price wise....