Velvet Euro question

Posted this on he mule deer forum and realized may be bettwe suited here as its more of a blacktail then mule deer from the CA eastern foothills.
My son killed a cool fork Saturday here in CA pretty much a typical foothill hybrid. The deer was still in velvet but not the typical velvet you would see during archery which is spongy to the touch and this one seems more furry the fuzzy if that makes sense as if the blood is gone. We always do our own eruos at home and want to do the same just trying to figure out if i need to fig a way to preserve it before boiling ? If so since it doesn't appear to have any blood in them maybe velvilok or just wrap in plastic and aluminum foil and slow boil and not have the water go as high as usual and stay away from the pedicels? thnx

So I’m not an expert with velvet bucks but I shot a solid Blacktail in velvet recently and was doing a euro on him. I wrapped his horns in plastic wrap then aluminum foil and kept an eye to make sure they weren’t getting soaked.
The velvet split just a tad on the left.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Kind of waht im thinking did you treat the velvet with anything or just left it alone? this buck almost seems like a stag as the velvet doesnt seem to contain any blood like ive seen in the past during archery.

I haven’t treated it with anything yet. I’m heading to MT in a couple days so I’ll see how it’s holding up when I get back, I’d like to keep the velvet on. Looks pretty awesome as a euro

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
B
Think need to freeze dry even after all the blood is gone? It weird ive killed velvet bucks during archery and you can tell this is already completely hard underneath. Maybe boil bleach and get to the taxi?