Venderbrink of Federal, CCI etc. on Ammo shortage

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
like the last ammo shortage, they say it’s on us! Couple of worth watching videos here. Sounds like they’ve caught a lot of flak. But I can’t argue with his reasoning ( 7 million new shooters—that’s a good thing right now). How about you?

mvrk28

WKR
I liked the first video, he stood by his employees. They know how hard they are working to fulfill demand. As a consumer, I'd rather get the cold hard truth than a sugar coated bs video apologizing but not really doing anything.

Great information. I heard a top guy at Hornady on the radio today basically saying the same. I’m thinking that if all the ammunition companies run at full capacity it will still take 12+ months before they catch up. I’m not a hoarder of ammunition but did learn from the 2013 debacle and am fully stocked. Especially on my hunting ammunition. While I’m not buying any and all ammunition I find, I don’t have any for sale.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
Sooner or later all of the hoarders are going to be either out of storage space, or out of money. The shelves will start filling up and the supply will be higher than the demand. I think we will all be paying more for ammo and reloading components from now on though since everyone knows our right to bear arms is under attack. I sure am glad I spend my extra money over the last few years stocking up on reloading supplies. I just wish I would of set myself up to load for every caliber I own.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Sooner or later all of the hoarders are going to be either out of storage space, or out of money.
I would consider myself a hoarder of ammo and/or components, but I haven't bought either in over two years now. These are the times when hoarders "sell"......not buy. It's worth a lot more to get rid of it than to hang onto it.

oneshotGA

FNG
I have always had a minimum stock level of ammo for every firearm. Guns without bullets are just expensive and poorly designed paperweights. I don't buy during times like these. I bought all the ammo I needed while it was plentiful and prices were good, so I wouldn't have to pay the current prices to continue hunting and shooting when I please.

But I have to say, I am real happy that we have so many new shooters...now to get them trained on proper gun safety so we don't have to grow eyes in the backs of our heads.

Superdoo

WKR
Here’s a recent article....

Here’s a snippet from it:

During the Obama Administration, some consumers feared stricter firearm regulations and bought as many guns and as much ammunition as they could. That tailed off significantly when Trump was elected. (Folks in the firearm industry call this the “Trump Slump.”) The FBI tracks background checks before firearms purchases through the National Instant Criminal Background Check System, which is the closest measure we have for tracking firearm purchases. Firearm background checks have increased almost every single year since 2002, except for Trump’s first year in office, when they decreased from 27.5 million in 2016 to 25.2 million in 2017. Federal had to lay off 200 employees in 2017. In 2020, there were 39.7 million firearm background checks.

I had to laugh at the thought that Trump was responsible for the only time in recent history that the gun market felt a slump!😂