Venison heart

This was my first year saving the heart from my cow elk and it was delicious! Will definitely be trying the whiskey butter recipe next year.

hilts

FNG
I will have to give some of these recipes a go. I was able to convince my kids to give the heart a try and now they love it. I actually have a couple people at work that save their hearts for me now.

BDRam16

WKR
My favorite is cleaned up and diced pretty small. Marinate it in Goya mojo for a couple hours and throw some taco seasoning on it then medium rare in the cast iron for tacos. Some street taco sized tortillas, cilantro, onion, and queso crumble cheese. Delish.

Fordguy

WKR
Crock pot cooked with a bit of beef stock, an onion and some peach schnapps... Cook til tender and make sandwiches. Simple and delicious.

Azone

WKR
Just did one out of a black tail I recently took, it was awesome. Garlic salt and black pepper on the grill over oak wood and basted with a white wine and garlic butter concoction that had some herbs in it. Will definitely be doing another one this way when I can.

Nillion

Lil-Rokslider
I had some venison heart ceviche about two weeks back. It was absolutely delicious.

My friends and I had a joke awhile back about antelope heart ceviche for this upcoming fall on our WY hunt. But now, fresh limes are being tossed in the truck in case we can salvage a heart.

Te Hopo

Lil-Rokslider
I love heart fresh, sliced thin, grilled on a stick over coals and then a bit of salt and pepper.

Not a fan of offal but I do salvage the liver and kidneys and put them through the mincer when I'm making mince meat, they just disappear when mixed in with plenty of other meat trimmings.

Crock pot on low with a bit of beef broth and a cut in half onion,cook low and slow when done remove and let get cold, slice thin, use a good german rye bread, spicey mustard, sliced onion and swiss cheese. With a dark beer, good eating quality sammich.

jtolle777

FNG
We always do chicken fried elk heart with gravy made from the drippings/leftover pan juices.

So good

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

last night I fried the heart from a deer I shot the day before and oh my I was super impressed it was delicious I won’t be able to throw another heart away.

20211119_190049.jpg20211119_191827.jpg

Deer heart, crimini mushrooms, green onions, garlic, & ginger, sautéed in avocado oil and red wine vinegar and the heart was seasoned with Lowrys seasoning salt, montreal seasoning and black pepper and cooked in the same skillet with some coconut aminos. There were not any left overs!

Tasted great. May try cooking it slower next time as it was very chewy.

ccc9092

FNG
Heart for the win. I always love slicing it like OP and throwing it on some tacos!

Robster

Lil-Rokslider
I love seeing the pictures of everyone cooking in cast iron skillets. It's the only pans I use. Nothing like it!