Venison jerky recipes

Jenks

FNG
Looking to change it up. I have for the most part been using the high mountain mandarin cure... Let the meat cure for a day, then add Kikkoman teriyaki for another day then into the dehydrator with lots of black pepper.
It's good but looking to try a different recipe.

omegafoo

FNG
I'm partial to a Sriracha Honey Lime recipe and folks that I give it to usually polish it off in a day. I know it's in the Hank Shaw Buck Buck Moose cookbook but not sure about his website.

I use coarse pepper, soy sauce, brown sugar, and red pepper flakes. Smoke it with hickory wood for no more than an hour and then put it in the dehydrator. It's tastes great every time.

wavygravy

FNG
I used this one and smoked them on our pellet grill at lowest temp till just right... We ate most of the batch within the week, so so good. $10 for enough seasoning for 15 lbs. They regularly have sales too.

Doodle

FNG
Deathwish coffee has a pretty good recipe. Coffee, coke, soy (I think), and some other stuff. It’s a nice change of pace from the “soy sauce, brown sugar, and black pepper” flavor brigade.

+1 on hank shaws recipe. I’ve been marinating in a similar manner for years, and thought I was so unique until he published the recipe! Tremendous flavor profile there.

Hank Shaws recipe with chili peppers in adobo sauce is hard to beat.
Another hank Shaw fan.

I also like his ground venison recipe and have actually come to prefer ground jerky with home made spice mixes as a general rule. I bought a jerky gun from weston and use it on the regular.

I also usually don’t add pink salt to my mix. Once its dried it goes into portion bags in zip locks and I freeze it. I eat it with a few days of thawing and haven’t had an issue yet.

willidru

WKR
Super easy is just use a bottle of Soy Vay Veri Veri Teriyaki. I also like the recipe from Rinella’s book

Hate to be boring, but my wife uses the high mountain seasoning kit, follows the directions, dries it in the oven, and it's hard to keep it in the house! No complaints here at all.

NDGuy

WKR
I used this one and smoked them on our pellet grill at lowest temp till just right... We ate most of the batch within the week, so so good. $10 for enough seasoning for 15 lbs. They regularly have sales too.

PS Seasoning is the GOAT for me to date.

I love their Hickory and Buttery Prime Rib recipes. Their regular seasonings are amazing too, great company.

Look into making South African biltong or droewors. Very simple process to make both.

Got a batch in the marinade right now, 5 lbs meat cut about 1/4in thick, kikkoman soy 1/2 bottle. lea & perrines worchestershire 1/2 bottle, good splash of liquid smoke, heaping table spoon each of coarse ground black pepper and garlic powder, 1/4 cup of black molassas, 1/4 cup of king syrup and a big hand full of light brown sugar, red pepper flakes too taste, let soak at least 24 hours mixing twice a day in a glass bowl and then in the dehydrator, if using a smoker omit the liquid smoke. This is the sweet version, you can do BBQ with a good BBQ sauce or what ever flavor you want just omit the molassas, king syrup and brown sugar.