Venison Personal Pot Pie

hntr

FNG
Follow me on instagram @cutintowild for wild game processing and recipesACD5AA41-1852-4336-8E6A-C9A142FCB234.jpeg

OP
H

hntr

FNG
Don't have instagram but that looks delicious. Can you post recipe?
Thanks for your interest!

I ground up my deer more on the leaner side. I like to use the leaner burger for this, spaghetti, hamburger helper etc. I chopped up carrots and onions, put them on a skillet and sautéed them in salt, pepper, and butter until almost soft. I put the ground deer in the skillet and browned it (butter, pepper, and garlic salt.) In a sauce pan I brought a can of beef broth to a boil, stirred in 1 to 1/2 table spoons of corn starch into it (more starch the thicker it is) and turned down the heat to thicken. Once it was a thicker sauce I combined the vegetables, ground deer, and beef stock sauce together.

For the crust I used crescent roll dough that I had rolled out bc it comes serrated in sections. I put decent scoop of filling on the dough, folded it like a pastry and tamped down the edges with a fork.

Pre heated the oven to 350. Sprayed down a cookie sheet and put the "personal pot" pies in the oven. I left them in there until the crust started browning just a little and took them out. It turned out very well!