Venmo- Fraud Resistant?

I have sold some very expensive items over the last few years all using PayPal G&S. I don’t like having to pay the fees but for the added protection I work it into my cost. Additionally the buyer has to sign for the package and must pay for insurance (or it’s also included in to the price). I have now resorted to video taping my entire boxing procedure of the item with time/data stamping of when it was done. It’s overkill, but it shows the condition of the item as it was being boxed as well as the fact that it was indeed placed in the box for shipping.

I haven’t had any issues with selling or claims, but one can never be too protective of guaranteeing a smooth transaction. Even if it costs me an extra $5-10.

Weldor

WKR
Thre was a warning on yesterdays news about PP, Venmo, Cashapp. There really is no ultimate safe way to do a transaction. To many hackers etc. Not like the old days when you could trust people. Personally I have had pretty good luck here good folks most of the time.

Wheels

WKR
I always insure the item I am shipping for the price that we settled upon.
Recently had someone claim that they never received the item I shipped, I went to the post office and they pulled it up on their computer with a google earth image showing the exact location that the package was set at their residence.
Was told by the postmaster that they did their part, and have started doing this because of buyers claiming they never got their package. Also told me that the recipient of the package would have to file a theft case with the local police dept.
Showed the image to the buyer and told them what the post office told me and never heard another word from them.

OP
Z

Z Barebow

Lil-Rokslider
To be clear, my question was not directed to Rokslide classifieds. (I have had a few transactions without issue. Heck, I even did a PayPal F&F purchase 4-5 years ago on RS and was NOT scammed!)

I was selling a vehicle via FB Marketplace. Guy haggled me down a little on price. We mutually agreed to price. I tell him cash only and then he throws out PP or Venmo option. Since I had already discounted price, I did not want to pay PP fee. (And I knew almost nothing about Venmo). Ultimately things worked out. He rounded up cash and I now own one less vehicle!

Great conversation!

DuckDogDr

WKR
PayPal = Venmo
Venmo = PayPal

Venmo was established as a younger generation way to take on CashApp, which is hugely popular.

PayPal will always take the buyers side, many documented scams that happen constantly and they won't fix it.

Zelle is instant and hard to reverse or could ask for a Bank wire.
PayPal Not always. I’m probably the 1 episode where they didn’t