Ventum 33

406unltd

WKR
I bought a new ventum 33 today and the first three shot were absolute money. Setting the peep height I noticed that my sight housing from my old bow was almost 50 percent covered by the riser. No biggie I’ll take care of that at the range is what I figured. After maxing out the travel on my micro adjust and getting it hitting close out to 60 (still a little left) I’m still seeing quite a bit of riser through my peep. Any one have an explanation for this? No I don’t torque the crap out of the bow, and yes I have decent form and shoot a ton. I go through a string a year. With all that said I’m at a loss as to what is likely going on and I’m willing to admit if I need to change something. One thing of note is that this is the only bow I’ve owned since 2004 that isn’t a bowtech. Thanks you guys, and if the is an incoherent ramble just let me know and I’ll try to explain it better.

TSAMP

WKR
Can't u mount your sight on the new pic rail to get it centered?

TSAMP

WKR
I was curious on that myself. Anyone making one yet? I realize the bow just came out. It's on my short list of ones to shoot.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR

Attachments

• 0EEDC447-34C8-4883-9EE7-0F711B1C711B.jpeg
    0EEDC447-34C8-4883-9EE7-0F711B1C711B.jpeg
    190.7 KB · Views: 100
  • 393B5903-FBE9-486B-B9A3-E246D3EE2763.jpeg
    393B5903-FBE9-486B-B9A3-E246D3EE2763.jpeg
    521.6 KB · Views: 99
OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I was curious on that myself. Anyone making one yet? I realize the bow just came out. It's on my short list of ones to shooi
A few are I believe. I suspect a lot of the big dogs will follow suit if they aren’t already

Thanks billy goat. Here is a couple of pics I just took. 11/16 centershot. Arrow runs down left side of stabilizer but points left and doesn’t run down the center.

I'd bump that centershot out to at least 3/4 if not 13/16 and see where you are. If you don't get it to tune in that range you will need to start shimming the cams.

Reactions: Zac
OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I'd bump that centershot out to at least 3/4 if not 13/16 and see where you are. If you don't get it to tune in that range you will need to start shimming the cams.
That’s the thing is that the arrow is already point left and pushing centershot out would make it really point off to the left and run way off center of stabilizer. Also just to make sure it’s know that the bow paper tuned perfect. At close, medium, and far.

That’s the thing is that the arrow is already point left and pushing centershot out would make it really point off to the left and run way off center of stabilizer. Also just to make sure it’s know that the bow paper tuned perfect. At close, medium, and far.

I haven't seen from Hoyt what the centershot is supposed to be, but I really doubt it's supposed to be inside 3/4". I wouldn't go off your stabilizer, too many variables there. In the picture I can see one side of the lower limb pocket and not the other, telling me that the bow isn't dead inline with the camera angle.

You can do what you want, to me the bow is telling you the centershot needs to bump out. A paper tune is just a rough start and it might shoot clean even tho things are out of wack.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I haven't seen from Hoyt what the centershot is supposed to be, but I really doubt it's supposed to be inside 3/4". I wouldn't go off your stabilizer, too many variables there. In the picture I can see one side of the lower limb pocket and not the other, telling me that the bow isn't dead inline with the camera angle.

You can do what you want, to me the bow is telling you the centershot needs to bump out. A paper tune is just a rough start and it might shoot clean even tho things are out of
I’ll shoot broadheads and see if that pushes centershot out. Thanks for your time

Check nock fit. I reserved mine the other day as any Easton nocks were too tight. It was giving me a bad right tear. I shimmed the cam to the right thinking that would fix this issue. It did, and got great tears in paper, but broadheads and arrow flight was erratic and not true. Shimmed the cam back, reserved the factory string, and changed out the nocks.

Arrow flight improved dramatically and the bow became more responsive to minor rest movement and arrow spine adjustments (I’m more of a tune the arrow to the bow guy).

Hoyt recommended centershot is 13/16 from the Berger hole.

Zac

WKR
I bet if you push your paper out or start shooting bareshafts at distance you will see tail left tears and your bareshafts hitting to the right of your fletched shafts. My guess is your using the same shaft you used on an older bow and it is much too weak. This is the only reason you would move your rest in so close to the riser.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I bet if you push your paper out or start shooting bareshafts at distance you will see tail left tears and your bareshafts hitting to the right of your fletched shafts. My guess is your using the same shaft you used on an older bow and it is much too weak. This is the only reason you would move your rest in so close to the riser.
Different setup actually. I went from ximpact 250 to vap 250 also a 30grain reduction on the front. This bow is shooting faster though. Paper was shot at approx 3, 12, 20’. Money through paper. I’m not worried too much about paper I mainly care about broadheads and that tuning aspect. I would like them to move my shims then I should be able to achieve a normal centershot and then that should move my sight? I’ve never had this particular issue before

ncavi8tor

WKR
Just about everyone I have seen tuning the Ventum 33 has swapped the bottom cam spacers in order to get a 13/16" centershot. I think that would fix your issue, but I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Check nock fit. I reserved mine the other day as any Easton nocks were too tight. It was giving me a bad right tear. I shimmed the cam to the right thinking that would fix this issue. It did, and got great tears in paper, but broadheads and arrow flight was erratic and not true. Shimmed the cam back, reserved the factory string, and changed out the nocks.

Arrow flight improved dramatically and the bow became more responsive to minor rest movement and arrow spine adjustments (I’m more of a tune the arrow to the bow guy).

Hoyt recommended centershot is 13/16 from the Berger
Just about everyone I have seen tuning the Ventum 33 has swapped the bottom cam spacers in order to get a 13/16" centershot. I think that would fix your issue, but I haven't gotten my hands on one yet.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Thanks for the advice

Zac

WKR
Different setup actually. I went from ximpact 250 to vap 250 also a 30grain reduction on the front. This bow is shooting faster though. Paper was shot at approx 3, 12, 20’. Money through paper. I’m not worried too much about paper I mainly care about broadheads and that tuning aspect. I would like them to move my shims then I should be able to achieve a normal centershot and then that should move my sight? I’ve never had this particular issue before
I thought you were shooting some arrow from your 2004 bow lol. Anyway just move your rest to 13/16. I like to measure to the exact center of the launcher. At this point you can see if you need to shim or not. This also should move your sight away from the riser.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I thought you were shooting some arrow from your 2004 bow lol. Anyway just move your rest to 13/16. I like to measure to the exact center of the launcher. At this point you can see if you need to shim or not. This also should move your sight away from the riser.
Thats what I’m hoping for. Ya the old pro38 was awesome back then lol. This last bow was my realm x. Hard to part with it because even though the grip and I don’t get along that bow was incredibly accurate. Great bow.