Ventum 33

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
You get it figured out?
Going out to shoot this morning. I will be setting my centershot at 13/16 before heading to the range then get my sight set. Afterwards I’ll do a few bareshaft and fletched groups up close and see if I can work it back a ways. I’ll post up what happens.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Went and shot it today and things went well. Thanks to all you guys that didn’t let me over think it.

I set the centershot at 13/16 before I left and switched out my nocks like you suggested. I went through the three variants I have at home and found the perfect fit. Shot my fletched and bareshaft at 10yds and had a nock left consistently but was within a 1/2” of fletched.

Went to 20 and was nock left, and impacted about 2”right of fletched. Then I set my centershot to 3/4 and it slapped arrows together. Shot again and had a slight nock right. Really not bad at all. Then I switched my grip to more of a high wrist and bareshaft was back to perfect. Shot bareshaft with wrong grip at 30 and yielded a slight nock right again. I shot another group with the high wrist and it gave me another awesome bareshaft at 30.

At this point I moved my sight to hit behind my pin. It brought my sight to a location that I consider very acceptable as far as being blocked by the riser. Once that was squared away I bareshafted once more at 40 and it was good again and I couldn’t be happier. I really do like this bow, it’s fast and accurate🤙🏻

Attachments

• E68A43D5-54BA-4480-820F-C17FB21A65BE.jpeg
    E68A43D5-54BA-4480-820F-C17FB21A65BE.jpeg
    322.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 31FCED59-AF71-4298-A2BE-379F68EA2756.jpeg
    31FCED59-AF71-4298-A2BE-379F68EA2756.jpeg
    373.7 KB · Views: 58
  • 17E3D190-830B-4155-B74C-C1EAF394C32D.jpeg
    17E3D190-830B-4155-B74C-C1EAF394C32D.jpeg
    607.6 KB · Views: 52
  • 3AFFB5E8-B3D8-40A6-83EF-E1EE285E96D4.jpeg
    3AFFB5E8-B3D8-40A6-83EF-E1EE285E96D4.jpeg
    626.6 KB · Views: 50
  • 26B97DE0-A849-46F2-AB81-F44D8E84FA35.jpeg
    26B97DE0-A849-46F2-AB81-F44D8E84FA35.jpeg
    623.7 KB · Views: 62
OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I’d like to add that this bow is also pretty forgiving. After shooting again this morning, I realized that I had multiple shots for one reason or another that didn’t break exactly where I wanted, but they hit the mark. With my last bow that wasn’t a how it would go down lol. Regardless I think we will get along pretty good.

Zac

WKR
I’d like to add that this bow is also pretty forgiving. After shooting again this morning, I realized that I had multiple shots for one reason or another that didn’t break exactly where I wanted, but they hit the mark. With my last bow that wasn’t a how it would go down lol. Regardless I think we will get along pretty good.
Yeah I'm gonna torque tune mine at some point.

Zac

WKR
You use the sight or rest for that? I’ve never tried
Sight, there's only one Berger hole, and not alot of room to move the rest. You can also look into creep tuning, it's fairly easy to do compared to torque tuning.

Last edited:
OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
If you run a Hamskea drop away, there isn’t much room to move it at all.
Ya I did t think that through when I asked haha. I have a ripcord and it can’t be moved either. As soon as he said that I remembered it doesn’t have room. Also the first bow I’ve had that happen. Not accustomed to having that issue.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Hey you guys. I just wanted to update the progress with the ventum33. It’s has still been fun bow to shoot and have enjoyed it’s so far.

I had some time this morning to get over to a spot that I can shoot broadheads and see how things were going to fly for the first time. A couple weekends ago I bareshafted the new bow and saw good results. Last weekend I checked paper at about 10ft or so and that looked good as well. Counting this morning I have approximately 300 shots through it.

This brings me back to this mornings Broadhead check. I started at 30 and worked back. As usual when the work is put in, the results are undeniable. For the most part it was an average morning of shooting. I had some shots that held perfect and some that didn’t. With that said, the setup has proved to be pretty forgiving, and as accurate as my last one.

I was able to get it hitting good out to 90 with my fp. I will be rechecking 70-90 though because the sun was making it hard to see where my shot broke on the target cause I couldn’t see my spot. I was holding in the center though and it hit good, I just couldn’t really hone in on a spot. This was the best group at 70 I had today. The other two groups were about 2” bigger. Broadhead the one on the bottom.

BE0B7BB7-446B-4AFD-9BBA-8E16CEFB8FEE.jpeg

So as of right now my setup for the season will be as follows unless I have some very minor changes.

ventum33
31”dl
29.5” of carbon - VAP 250
20g Valkyrie sleeve
180g short jag
4- aae hybrid 26
535g total
Measured 16.5% foc
I’m actually not sure on the speed but it’s fast by my standard. My last arrows were 550-555 and were around 268 with my realmx in comfort and .5” shorter draw. I will update a speed when I go to the shop next time. Anyhow that’s my update on the hoyt and what tuned up really well for me.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Well after having the Hoyt for a a while now I’d have to say I definitely wouldn’t buy it if forced with the decision a second time. I go another route for sure. With that said the internet is riddled with numerous, constant and consistent issues being brought to light with these new bows. I will be looking for a replacement next season. There are some things the bow does good for me though. It does hold like a absolute rock, it is fast, it does look good, but after that it does emerge as a regret of a purchase. I hope it works well for others better than the sea of people having issues with it. Rant over

I bought mine a few weeks ago, ordered through a shop, it took about 2 weeks for delivery. Never shot it prior and have been waiting since the Nitrum 34 for another great shooting Hoyt that most everyone could agree on... this was the year from what I could tell.

Installed rest, no adjustments at all and my first arrow was a perfect bullet hole. I am very impressed with this bow so far, it's a shooter imo...

I have around 500 arrows through it and I'm a happy camper.

Zac

WKR
Well after having the Hoyt for a a while now I’d have to say I definitely wouldn’t buy it if forced with the decision a second time. I go another route for sure. With that said the internet is riddled with numerous, constant and consistent issues being brought to light with these new bows. I will be looking for a replacement next season. There are some things the bow does good for me though. It does hold like a absolute rock, it is fast, it does look good, but after that it does emerge as a regret of a purchase. I hope it works well for others better than the sea of people having issues with it. Rant over
What issues are you having?

I’d be curious what issues your having? I have a Ventum 33 and I honestly have to say it’s one if not the best Hoyts they have ever produced. Quiet and shoots great

ncavi8tor

WKR
What issues? Having to shim shouldn't have been a surprise. Some get lucky and don't have to, but I think that's rare. I haven't seen anything on the internet that would scare me away. I ordered mine on 2/15 and still waiting.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Hey you guys. I just wanted to update the progress with the ventum33. It’s has still been fun bow to shoot and have enjoyed it’s so far.

I had some time this morning to get over to a spot that I can shoot broadheads and see how things were going to fly for the first time. A couple weekends ago I bareshafted the new bow and saw good results. Last weekend I checked paper at about 10ft or so and that looked good as well. Counting this morning I have approximately 300 shots through it.

This brings me back to this mornings Broadhead check. I started at 30 and worked back. As usual when the work is put in, the results are undeniable. For the most part it was an average morning of shooting. I had some shots that held perfect and some that didn’t. With that said, the setup has proved to be pretty forgiving, and as accurate as my last one.

I was able to get it hitting good out to 90 with my fp. I will be rechecking 70-90 though because the sun was making it hard to see where my shot broke on the target cause I couldn’t see my spot. I was holding in the center though and it hit good, I just couldn’t really hone in on a spot. This was the best group at 70 I had today. The other two groups were about 2” bigger. Broadhead the one on the bottom.

View attachment 271585

So as of right now my setup for the season will be as follows unless I have some very minor changes.

ventum33
31”dl
29.5” of carbon - VAP 250
20g Valkyrie sleeve
180g short jag
4- aae hybrid 26
535g total
Measured 16.5% foc
I’m actually not sure on the speed but it’s fast by my standard. My last arrows were 550-555 and were around 268 with my realmx in comfort and .5” shorter draw. I will update a speed when I go to the shop next time. Anyhow that’s my update on the hoyt and what tuned up really well for me.
Realm X to a Ventum 33? You must like that bow then

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
What issues are you having?
It’s just the cables being in my sight picture and the riser covering part of the housing. I ignore it when shooting but it’s a deal breaker for me for sure. It’s just my opinion that the bow isn’t my favorite. Doesn’t mean that the bow sucks.

Looks like you just got yours fixed finally. Any bow that takes that much work to get it shooting isnt something I’m interested in. You enjoy that part and I get that but it’s not my thing. Glad it’s shootin for ya.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Realm X to a Ventum 33? You must like that bow then
Which one? I liked the draw, quietness, and tuning of the realm x but didn’t care for the grip. I like the speed, and quietness of v33. Tuning was easy as well. My gripe is just a couple of other superficial issues I have with it. It’s not going to keep me from killing with it, I’m just not a giant fan of the bow overall. I’d take back my realmx if given the choice.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
Wa
What issues? Having to shim shouldn't have been a surprise. Some get lucky and don't have to, but I think that's rare. I haven't seen anything on the internet that would scare me away. I ordered mine on 2/15 and still waiting.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Wanna buy mine ? Lol

Zac

WKR
It’s just the cables being in my sight picture and the riser covering part of the housing. I ignore it when shooting but it’s a deal breaker for me for sure. It’s just my opinion that the bow isn’t my favorite. Doesn’t mean that the bow sucks.

Looks like you just got yours fixed finally. Any bow that takes that much work to get it shooting isnt something I’m interested in. You enjoy that part and I get that but it’s not my thing. Glad it’s shootin for ya.
Yeah mine tuned very stiff with the factory shim kit as well. That was my issue too, ran so far to the left that it covered up my sight housing. I would have been up a crick if it weren't for the PSE shim kit. Although my 260, and 250 spine shafts worked fine. If I were you I would go with a lighter gpi 250 spine. I was looking at the Goldtip Airstrike if the Axis wouldn't have worked.