Ventum 33

Shot a bunch last night just getting everything dialed in... will work on a sight tape just as soon as the 5' Duck Pond on my longer range is dried up. I am really liking this bow!

Kevin T

FNG
Just wondering if anyone else has center shot at 13/16” but when you look down at the riser is looks like the arrow is going way left? I usually try to align cam with arrow and have it go thru the limb bolt and it’s really close to center shot but not this ventum 33

Zac

WKR
Just wondering if anyone else has center shot at 13/16” but when you look down at the riser is looks like the arrow is going way left? I usually try to align cam with arrow and have it go thru the limb bolt and it’s really close to center shot but not this ventum 33
Yeah I noticed the same thing. Mine is right between 13/16, and 3/4.

ncavi8tor

WKR
Mine is dead nuts 3/4". Factory shim positions are money with my setup.

NC

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Kevin T

FNG
Mine is dead nuts 3/4". Factory shim positions are money with my setup.

NC

I just swapped top shims (shifted top cam to left) and at 13/16” arrow looks like it only goes slightly to left now and shooting bs and fp together at 25 yds. Sight housing is slightly blocked by riser but I can live with that

HarvDog

FNG
Ventum 30….factory shim setting has top cam leaning hard right, angling away from roller guards, bottom cam almost vertical sitting to the right of string. Center shot set at 13/16 with arrow pointing way out in left field.

Ventum 30….factory shim setting has top cam leaning hard right, angling away from roller guards, bottom cam almost vertical sitting to the right of string. Center shot set at 13/16 with arrow pointing way out in left field.
I think that’s pretty much how everybody’s has been. Looks odd, but seems to shoot okay there or a little inside of that.

On the other hand, I did call Hoyt and was told that they’re tuning them at 13/16” or a little outside of that…..so there’s that.

HarvDog

FNG
I think that’s pretty much how everybody’s has been. Looks odd, but seems to shoot okay there or a little inside of that.

On the other hand, I did call Hoyt and was told that they’re tuning them at 13/16” or a little outside of that…..so there’s that.

Odd for sure. My sight is pushed way out to bring things back over though. I’m shimming just to see if I can get things running more centered and to gain some clearance. If not I’ll put it back to factory shims

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
I had new abb strings installed this last weekend and put a few shots through it. I had stock grey grey shims in it when I took it in but got it back with black shims. Anyhow I moved my centershot back to 3/4 and checked bh and fp and they were still good to go at 50. We will see where I end up in a month or so but with fresh threads it was the same as stock strings. It was a little odd to me ending up the same since I had grey shims before but I don’t know how much different the blacks are from the grey.

I had new abb strings installed this last weekend and put a few shots through it. I had stock grey grey shims in it when I took it in but got it back with black shims. Anyhow I moved my centershot back to 3/4 and checked bh and fp and they were still good to go at 50. We will see where I end up in a month or so but with fresh threads it was the same as stock strings. It was a little odd to me ending up the same since I had grey shims before but I don’t know how much different the blacks are from the grey.
They will shim the cam over a slight amount more. I have the full kit. Weird that they took the shims off unless they tried to tune it. I think I’d have to ask them how that happened.

OP
406unltd

406unltd

WKR
They will shim the cam over a slight amount more. I have the full kit. Weird that they took the shims off unless they tried to tune it. I think I’d have to ask them how that happened.
Ya they set it to 11/16 just like when I bought it. It’s all good it didn’t make a difference that mattered. After a couple weekends I’ll shot bh again but at distance this time and make sure all is right in the world. What’s your centershot and shims set at? I’m at 3/4 again and shimmed left top and bottom. Thick spacers on the right.

Ya they set it to 11/16 just like when I bought it. It’s all good it didn’t make a difference that mattered. After a couple weekends I’ll shot bh again but at distance this time and make sure all is right in the world. What’s your centershot and shims set at? I’m at 3/4 again and shimmed left top and bottom. Thick spacers on the right.
I’m sitting right outside 3/4” with the factory setup right now. That’s with injexions. I’m still tinkering with it though.

Seeknelk

WKR
I'm jealous guys. Ordered a 33 with 80# limbs about 3 months ago! Should have it by now. Kinda pissed and sick of waiting. I hear hoyt can't find workers...I dunno. Whatever it is they need to fix it! Its getting ridiculous now. Rant over.

bsnedeker

WKR
I’m sitting right outside 3/4” with the factory setup right now. That’s with injexions. I’m still tinkering with it though.
I don't know what mine is set at... bowshop set it up. I shot it for a week to let the strings stretch for a bit before tuning. It shot a bullet hole through paper without any adjustments. My bare shafts were hitting right with my fletched out to 50 yards, and broadheads are hitting at 90 yards. Haven't touched the rest at all. I'm blown away by this bow!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Played with a Ventum and a few other new bows yesterday at the shop. Shot the Ventum 33, Rx5 Ultra, PSE EVL and the Mach 1. Real close call between the Mach 1 and Ventum for my favorite. Not sure which way I'll end up going, but I'll be keeping an eye on this thread.

ncavi8tor

WKR
After playing with my Ventum 33 for hundreds of arrows I'm still right on 3/4" centershot and factory shim positions. Shoots bareshafts and fletched beautifully. It is grip sensitive and I have to make sure my grip is neutral with bareshafts. I'm shooting QAD Exodus Full Blade heads out to 60 yards so far without needing any adjustments. Love this bow!!

NC