Verifier Peep Sights: are they Legal on a compound bow or on a Muzzleloader in your state?

LaGriz

WKR
I"m in my mid 60's and my eye sight is not what it once was. I had RK surgery back in the late 90's. Do suffer from an astigmatism and use 2.0 reading glasses most all the time. I'm right eye domminate and that is the weeker eye. Recently, I got a opportunity to look thru a "Verifier Peep" at a local bow shop. Wow! This could be a game changer for me. I live in Louisiana and have applied to hunt in Wyoming, New Mexico, Utah and Colorado in recent years. I have also hunted in Montana twice, and Idaho once, be it years ago. Can I utilize an archery verifier peep in these states. How about installing one in a Lyman peep sight on a muzzleloader? I put this question to the Brain trust here at RokSlide .Let me hear you thoughts?

LaGriz

ElkNut1

WKR
I'd bet it's totally legal everywhere. A Verifier (I use one too) is no more than what a pair of glasses offer, it's not a Magnifier which is illegal in many areas. Call F&G in the state you will be hunting & confirm!

ElkNut/Paul

Last edited:

Rob5589

WKR
I couldn't shoot a bow without it. I have confirmed that they are legal in Idaho. They do not magnify the target, just clear up the pins. Actually, the more mag the more blurred the target becomes, for me and my vision anyway.

I would confirm with Colorado parks and wildlife, but with a prescription, I bet you could get a letter of approval

divingpa

FNG
I've used one on my bow in every state and province I've hunted in, east to west and north to south...never had an issue. Don't know about the muzzleloader.

ElkNut1

WKR
If anything it will extend your shot distance! It basically removes the halo blot of pins to single individuals as if you eyes were young again! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

If anything it will extend your shot distance! It basically removes the halo blot of pins to single individuals as if you eyes were young again! (grin)

ElkNut/Paul

Good to know. I switched to a string splitter peep to alleviate the halo affect. However there are times in bright light conditions, I can't even see the pins

OP
L

LaGriz

WKR
Thank you for the feed back! If anyone has a comment about its use on a muzzle-loader, I'm very interested> I have a side lock Lyman Deer Stalker that I have connected with in the past. Also have a Knight Bighorn that I could add a Verifier+Peep too. Thanks in advance

LaGriz