Vermont 10 Pointer

*zap*

WKR
Great buck and I hope you have a great time this coming youth season. I lived in Rutland for a few years back in the 1980's....

Brendan

WKR
Last year I had a great hunt, bagging a pretty good buck for VT. He was 190 dressed, and had 10 points. The age came back at 5 1/2 years old. I know this is probably tiny for a mid west/west hunter, but it is a pretty good VT buck. Sadly, this is my last youth season coming up.
View attachment 208840View attachment 208841

Smoker of a Buck for Vermont. Congrats.

Great buck and I hope you have a great time this coming youth season. I lived in Rutland for a few years back in the 1980's....

Started out hunting just west of Rutland (Hubbardton) in the early 90's. Haven't been back in 15 years though.

OP
Vermont Hunter 34
Thanks!
Nice! I live in Weathersfield, shot him in West Windsor.
He was chasing does down into an oak bowl. I was going to shoot a doe, it was the last 5 minutes of the last day of youth season (I am generally a meat hunter), then I saw him coming down! He stopped to rub and scrap 30 yards away, but he was facing towards me pretty bad. He was about to move away, so I took the shot. It was a six inch entry hole, but he was quartering towards pretty bad. Took out the lungs/liver. He ran about 350-400 yards away with a six inch hole in him, it just displays the toughness of these majestic animals!

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
asdew04