Versatile 1 - 7 day pack?

Kleos

Lil-Rokslider
I am torn between Stone Glacier and Exo Mtn Gear pack systems. Ideally, I would buy one pack that would serve as my day-hunting pack. As well as my pack for trips up to 7 days. (Trying to save some money).

Are there any other hunters who do this? Or do most of you have a separate pack for each purpose?

It appears that Stone Glacier is pretty popular on here interested in hearing your thoughts on these two.

I have an Exo K2 5500, Stone Glacier Evo 6900 and a Kifaru Highcamp 7000, I use all of them as a day pack when hunting or backpacking and have no complaints. All of these packs compress down so thin, that it's more trouble than it's worth to change the bag out for a smaller bag. I can usually fit anything I'm carrying in the lid or the very bottom of the main bag.

28outlaw

FNG
I am torn between Stone Glacier and Exo Mtn Gear pack systems. Ideally, I would buy one pack that would serve as my day-hunting pack. As well as my pack for trips up to 7 days. (Trying to save some money).

Are there any other hunters who do this? Or do most of you have a separate pack for each purpose?

It appears that Stone Glacier is pretty popular on here interested in hearing your thoughts on these two.
I can't comment on the stone but I have an exo k3 4800. I absolutely love the pack and use it for everything from day hunting to 7 days. The nice thing about most of the top tear packs nowadays is there really isn't much of a weight penalty for running the larger packs and they all pack down really small for day hunts. Honestly the best thing for you would find a way to try them on and pick the one that fits you best.

EdP

WKR
I use my Mystery Ranch Beartooth 80 for both purposes when backpack hunting from an established backcountry camp. It's a huge bag on a pretty small frame but the bag straps down well for daypack use so it works.

I've never used either of those brands, but hear good things. I do use a Kuiu Ultra 6000 for everything from day hunting to 10 day+ trips. I've had some packs I tried to do this with and it was a pain because they didn't compress well, and you end up with a big, sloppy, off balance sack on your back. Whichever one compresses down flatter and isn't a big floppy bag would suit you best for this imo. It is really nice to be able to pack a load of meat without having to go get another pack from your truck. Being able to bone out a deer and pack it out in 1 load with your "daypack" is priceless.

Fedster

FNG
I have a Seek Outside, and I am very happy. I have a revolution frame and a couple of bags, and I swap the bag depending on how much volume I need. If had to buy from 0 with limited budget I would buy the SO frame and a LARGE bag. A well designed bag can be compressed for those occasions where one needs less volume -- not as nice as using a smaller bag, but works well.

Basically, find the frame you like the most, and start with a larger bag. If you ever need to downsize get a second bag for that very same frame, and swap bags as appropriate.

fatlander

WKR
They’re both great packs. My SG 5900 sucks down perfect for day hunts, but can get huge if needed. A couple friends have the exo 4800, and it does the same.

Order them both, try them out with 50+ pounds. Pick the one that feels better, and return the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT84

FNG
I haven’t used either of the packs you mention in your original post, but I have used a kifaru reckoning for everything for the last 5 years. It’s about a 6000 Cubic Inch pack. I’m able to cinch it down so it’s not too bulky for day hunts, and it’s really nice to have when I need to carry more stuff.

HuntnPack

WKR
I use an EXO K3 4800 for day use & extended hunts. Excellent Quality & customer service.
Pack compresses down nicely for day use,
& expands for multi day backcountry trips.