Versatile pants

So I posted in the antelope forum about optics but due to the girlfriend applying for jobs in Colorado my thought process has changed. I’m currently in Florida and will be hunting Osceolas, im also trying to slowly but surly get gear to hunt archery out west before transitioning to waterfowl late in the season.
My question is what are some Sitka pants that would work for early season archery elk and deer out in colorado. I want somethibg that will be virtual seeing as work is based in Florida so I can hunt Osceola year after year.
I was looking at the apex, traverse or ascent pants. I thought traverse but I would like some other input.
also early season colorado how much insulation do you really need? Mostly for day hunts at first til I get my head on straight and figure it out a big more.

big44a4

WKR
So I posted in the antelope forum about optics but due to the girlfriend applying for jobs in Colorado my thought process has changed. I’m currently in Florida and will be hunting Osceolas, im also trying to slowly but surly get gear to hunt archery out west before transitioning to waterfowl late in the season.
My question is what are some Sitka pants that would work for early season archery elk and deer out in colorado. I want somethibg that will be virtual seeing as work is based in Florida so I can hunt Osceola year after year.
I was looking at the apex, traverse or ascent pants. I thought traverse but I would like some other input.
also early season colorado how much insulation do you really need? Mostly for day hunts at first til I get my head on straight and figure it out a big more.

Ascents are the light. Will be fine in both climates. Start mornings cold in CO but once you are moving you warm up plenty. My only complain with Sitka pants and most others is the fit is more skinny jean type.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
Why do you say traverse over ascent?

Why do you say traverse over ascent?
Ascents are super light weight. Going to chilly mid sept a lot of mornings in the Co high country. The traverse is slightly heavier but will still be breathable.

OP
N
Ascents are super light weight. Going to chilly mid sept a lot of mornings in the Co high country. The traverse is slightly heavier but will still be breathable.
Makes sense. Do you think not having knee pads is a huge detriment in Co I know in Florida I wouldn’t use em hardly at all

OP
N
I tried on mountain pants (just to get a sense of the knee pads) and traverse. I ended up going with traverse for versatility and I didn’t like the knee pads I’m about 5,9 and they hung low and uncomfortable on me. The traverse are still a little longer than I’d want but I can make due with em. And if I need knee pads I’ll get some from Home Depot or somethibg to strap on in a pinch