Versatile System?/Reccomendations

Zkep

FNG
Help, I'm deep into analysis paralysis! I have a mish mosh of clothing/gear options and am making some Sitka purchases...looking for guidance

Generally I hunt early season archery in OR, spring turkey, AZ late deer, but want some versatility for the late season OR elk tag I have this year.

So I have the mountain pant and core lightweight hoody coming as no doubt items. Also in my possession are the FL fuse baselayer, FL klamath hoody, patagucci nano vest, and a helly hansen shell that i use for skiing. These are all non camo items. I feel like I have 2 ideas/options to try to cover me for the majority of situations...

1) Also buy the dewpoint rain jacket to use as an all purpose outer layer...pros: can layer pieces I already have for warmth, wind protection, rain protection, lightweight and easily packable, can also use with very little layering on during cool mornings and be all camo'd up, cons: noise, durability?

2) Buy the apex hoody, layer that with either the sitka or FL baselayer and rely upon the helly hansen shell when weather gets really nasty Pros: a bit cheaper, quieter, durable? covers a majority of the weather conditions being camo'd up. cons: difficulty layering underneath the apex? my current shell is significantly heavier than the dewpoint

I'm curious everyones thoughts on this. Would the dewpoint be appropriate as a general outer layer so i can have my choice of layers underneath or would durability and noise be a major concern, particularly when archery hunting? Would I be able to layer the FL or vest under the apex in colder weather and retain a little bit of weather protection? Thanks in advance for input!

sneaky

"DADDY"
You'll not gain any weather protection with the Apex hoody. The Dewpoint will give you a far more versatile system.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Honyock

WKR
The Dewpoint jacket has a permanent place in my pack. It goes with me everywhere. I use it as a hard shell to cut the wind when sitting glassing as much as I do for rain. It's not the quietest piece when you first get it but after you use if a few times it's not an issue.