Vertx quality?

Vaultman

WKR
Anyone have any use of the Vertx backpacks or slings? Any reviews from roksliers using them for EDC?
Are there other things out there that are similar for off body carry and that do not look tactical? (I would love to find something not made in china that is similar).

I am really looking for a sling, that does not look tactical, and is decent capacity. Has to have quick access to a sidearm, and would like one that can carry a large water bottle (40oz hydroflask would be best, but I can deal with it if it doesn't fit).

I have the transit sling 2.0. Carry a few things in there when I'm in a situation that I cannot cary on my person.

Tried a few different holster configurations in it. Landed on a kydex holster that takes a G-Code mount. Then the velcro G-Code mount to the backpack. Stands the gun off a little bit, enough to get a good grip as I draw.

Used a few different velcro pockets on the inside to organize things. Have a maxpedition pouch that keeps some of my tech geek stuff, and a vertex velcro pouch to hold some misc. cables.

in the front flap, I keep a small med kit in another vertex pouch, a TQ rubber-banded in place, and a few other things for self-repair.

It's a decent little pack, although it probably looks goofy on me (larger frame). I just wanted something smaller than the larger packs.

If I remove the velcro packs in the main compartment, it has enough room to fit a 13" laptop, but it's a tight fit with the laptop in a padded case. I don't think a 15" laptop would fit at all.

edit:
re-reading your post, my pack won't fit a 40oz water bottle, however I could attach one with a carabiner easily. If you have a larger frame, you may be happier with the Commuter Sling. Either Guide Fitter or Expertvoice have the vertex brands, I can't remember which it was.

As far as durability, I haven't been throwing it around, but it's held up well and doesn't show any signs of wear. I do like the design for less permissible environments. I know a guy who's had one for several years and uses it to keep a gun with him at work; where he would be fired if they discovered it.

Last edited: