Very disappointed with MTN OPS

I am not one to write bad reviews or give someone a "1 star" on things, I vote with my wallet and just don't buy again, but this really irks me.

First let me say...
I started buying MTN OPS products about 9 months ago and I LOVE THIER PRODUCTS. They are great! I use Ammo and Enduro every day. I take a half scoop of Yeti as my pre workout. I also use the Blaze and Renu off and on as I diet and try and trim weight. I even wear their t-shirts and hats around town. I love all of the products and have never even thought about switching to a competitor.

BUT....

My first purchase was a Conquer Weight Loss 90 day combo, along with that came the insinuation of getting access to a "90 day challenge" where they gave me the real *impression* that I would be eligible with the purchase of that combo to get access to meal and workout plans. I am not a novice when it comes to fitness and diet, but at that time I was really excited about just following a program for 90 days to see what happened. Well, that 90 day challenge stuff never happened.

Then, I got an email last week from MTN OPS that I just had time to open and look at. It turns out it is a wonderful promotion telling me that if I sign up for their Conquer Fitness Program for $8.99/month, I will get one month free. I never, ever, got the *impression* that anyone would have to pay to have access to the Conquer Fitness Program as long as they purchased a "Conquer Combo."

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND why they are charging, but I feel like I was totally misled. I waited patiently while waiting to sign up for the "Conquer 90 day Challenge," that they advertised when I bought my first combo. I even called MTN OPS directly 3-4 times to ask about when the program and when it was going to go live. (Which, by the way, back in March/April 2015 when I called every couple of weeks for a while, I kept being told it would just be a few weeks and that the web designers were working on it...).

I am very disappointed in MTN OPS in the way it was handled. I probably will not stop using their products, because I really like them, but it certainly makes me wonder if I should be looking elsewhere just out of principle.

Poser

WKR
IMO, their marketing is just terrible. I find it to be a big turn off. I'll add that I find a lot of marketing by the hunting industry to be terrible and also be a huge turn off, some worse than others. Especially within the spectrum of the backcounty hunting community, their marketing is truly awful to the point of being embarrassing to look at.

I am not one to write bad reviews or give someone a "1 star" on things, I vote with my wallet and just don't buy again, but this really irks me.

First let me say...
I started buying MTN OPS products about 9 months ago and I LOVE THIER PRODUCTS. They are great! I use Ammo and Enduro every day. I take a half scoop of Yeti as my pre workout. I also use the Blaze and Renu off and on as I diet and try and trim weight. I even wear their t-shirts and hats around town. I love all of the products and have never even thought about switching to a competitor.

BUT....

My first purchase was a Conquer Weight Loss 90 day combo, along with that came the insinuation of getting access to a "90 day challenge" where they gave me the real *impression* that I would be eligible with the purchase of that combo to get access to meal and workout plans. I am not a novice when it comes to fitness and diet, but at that time I was really excited about just following a program for 90 days to see what happened. Well, that 90 day challenge stuff never happened.

Then, I got an email last week from MTN OPS that I just had time to open and look at. It turns out it is a wonderful promotion telling me that if I sign up for their Conquer Fitness Program for $8.99/month, I will get one month free. I never, ever, got the *impression* that anyone would have to pay to have access to the Conquer Fitness Program as long as they purchased a "Conquer Combo."

I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND why they are charging, but I feel like I was totally misled. I waited patiently while waiting to sign up for the "Conquer 90 day Challenge," that they advertised when I bought my first combo. I even called MTN OPS directly 3-4 times to ask about when the program and when it was going to go live. (Which, by the way, back in March/April 2015 when I called every couple of weeks for a while, I kept being told it would just be a few weeks and that the web designers were working on it...).

I am very disappointed in MTN OPS in the way it was handled. I probably will not stop using their products, because I really like them, but it certainly makes me wonder if I should be looking elsewhere just out of principle.

Hey Brightwhite I sent you a PM. Give me a call when you can so we can get you taken care of. This program is much better than the original one that was developed (and then crashed due to unfortunate design from some not so awesome developers) I haven't forgot about you and our promise to get you the program, sometimes I just need a little reminder like this with how crazy things get for us. Thank you for your business and we are glad you are enjoying the product! - Casey Harbertson

IMO, their marketing is just terrible. I find it to be a big turn off. I'll add that I find a lot of marketing by the hunting industry to be terrible and also be a huge turn off, some worse than others. Especially within the spectrum of the backcounty hunting community, their marketing is truly awful to the point of being embarrassing to look at.

Hey Poser! Thanks for the wonderful compliments on our marketing. I personally oversee all of the marketing for Mtn Ops and am always open to an outsiders prospective and point of view. If you have any constructive comments on how we can make it better or more tasteful please feel free to share. Make it a good one!

Like it or not, the marketing is killing it.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member

I do my share of "Marketing". Can you be more specific on what's terrible? Because from where I sit, they are doing what most companies, hunting or not, wish they could do.

Floorguy

WKR
Casey - for the workout program do you need a gym membership or can it be done at home with minimal equipment?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Like it or not, the marketing is killing it.

That's funny, because the only place I've ever seen anything about Mountain Ops is the few threads I see pop up on here every now and then. First time I saw a thread title I thought someone was preparing for an op in Afghanistan....i.e. Mtn Ops. Had no idea it was a supplement company until just a few months ago.

Casey - for the workout program do you need a gym membership or can it be done at home with minimal equipment?

Floorguy - The program works best (easiest) with a gym membership because they usually have all of the equipment in one place, that being said you can also do the program from home with minimal equipment and getting creative with items to use around the house. Suggestions are given in the videos of items to look for if you are doing the program from home.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
do you sponsor this guy?

http://www.bowjunky.com
I got curious amd read through a few of his posts. He states he does not have any sponsors at this time, but that there are few companies he thinks are great companies. MTN OPS being one of those companies. Sounds like the guy has had quite the ride in both the archery world and his personal life....

rodney482

WKR
I have to bite my tongue.

I got curious amd read through a few of his posts. He states he does not have any sponsors at this time, but that there are few companies he thinks are great companies. MTN OPS being one of those companies. Sounds like the guy has had quite the ride in both the archery world and his personal life....

High country, the guy is an absolute joke. That's about all you need to know, I wouldn't trust a word out of that guys mouth, he and a partner started something that in the beginning was pretty sweat for guys who are into competition archery. His partner left and it turned into an absolute shit show from there. I'm not privy to as much info as Rodney probably is but his head grew way to big and archery popped it, then he fell of his rocker..

^^^^Idle curiosity has me wanting to ask. Must go back to work. Don't gawk at train wreck. Leave keyboard.

Mtn ops is marketed very well. I can tell you I see it on several forums. It's all though out the hunting and outdoor industry. I even see it in PRCA and all the other spinoffs PBR ,PRS, CBR (all rough stock events). It's everywhere for me.

I had a bad run with it and it didn't do much for me (enduro) do I tried it again and bought some (yeti). Pretty good stuff. As for the vitamins well I'm still debating I usually take a plant based vitamin vs a rock based vitamin. Recovery I haven't tried enough yet to decide.

I'd order again now that I k ow what I like.