Very lean !!

I'm finally eating my Antelope. Very lean indeed !! Loving it. In fact, it may be leaner than White Tail.
The processor called it "chops", but it was boneless. Not sure what part of the animal it was.. Olds Processing in Gilette.

Rob5589

WKR
I've only eaten it once, years ago a co-worker brought in some steaks and grilled them up. Delicious and I could cut them with a fork.

Rich M

WKR
On a sheep or pig, the chops are the backstraps. Are they round?

I find antelope to be very mild and pleasant.

Antelope heart is my favorite..rest of it makes fine table fair as well. Probably the backstraps...I have used Olds a couple of times..but I always request the back straps cut in half.

FLAK

WKR
Never tried Antelope, but cant imagine it being any more lean than Aoudad. That stuff needs a pressure cooker to be edible.

Wsud

FNG
Ive always like the taste of antelope but always seems to get too dry from being so lean. Anyone have good recipies to take it up a notch?

manitou1

WKR
Ive always like the taste of antelope but always seems to get too dry from being so lean. Anyone have good recipies to take it up a notch?
Just light seasoning and grill it med rare. We find it very juicy and tender. Our favorite meat when grilled or in a pressure cooker/crock pot. When we fry it seems like it toughens and dries it out for some reason... and gives it a gamey taste.

TSAMP

WKR
I found antelope to be delightful. Tender as stated. Rutting buck in October. 70 deg, rode in truck bed for nearly an hour unfortunately. Still great. I made some burger as well and absolutely love it. It's visually different then most whitetail I grind.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1288040979.jpg
    Snapchat-1288040979.jpg
    296.1 KB · Views: 32

Wsud

FNG
Just light seasoning and grill it med rare. We find it very juicy and tender. Our favorite meat when grilled or in a pressure cooker/crock pot. When we fry it seems like it toughens and dries it out for some reason... and gives it a gamey taste.
Have you ever injected with marinade or just season the outside

When grinding pronghorn burger we add pork fat and just a little bacon in grind to make it hold better, about 10-15%. It taste amazing and adds moisture for grilling.