Vest or back pack for turkey hunting?

Austink47

WKR
Pack and cargo pants. I like to be able to strap my shot gun and if things go well a big tom to my pack and hike out hands free.

I went the Slimline backpack way for a while and then I screwed up and shot a Tom and had to haul him out...I really missed the game bag on the back of my vest

npm352

WKR
I like a vest. Hunted midwest hard and got used to it. Now I hunt the west and still use it.

Personal thing....I like everything in front of me, as well as the seat.

Gen273

WKR
I go back and forth between a vest and a pack, it just depends on the situation and the terrain for me.

SEIA

FNG
Switched to a pack this year. I like to carry layers, snacks, water, etc. and if I’m using a gun I can strap one of those bag-style chairs with the short legs to it. That chair alone has been a game changer. Broke my tailbone years ago and it still gives me fits. The chair has all but solved that problem.

HamAdams

FNG
I’ve got a vest but at this rate I may as well switch to a pack seeing as the best I have weighs like 20 lbs empty lmao

Ddog

WKR
Switched over to a Monster fanny pack this year, works great for me.

I carry a vest, due to my preference to carry 4 or 5 different frictions call (2 box calls and 2 crystal calls), along with other small items. I do not like the vest I have, but it was free and have been getting as much use as I can out of it. If you carry a lot of small items a vest is the way to go to organize it all and to have quick access.

HamAdams

FNG
Switched over to a Monster fanny pack this year, works great for me.

Hmm now you’ve got me thinking...I don’t have many calls, I could probably get away with my fanny pack and bino harness, maybe with a little draw string pouch for a slate call. Would just have to figure out a good way of adding a seat.

Ddog

WKR
I keep a Wet Box and some mouth calls in one belt pocket and a slate with a couple strikers in the other. No dekes for me on a run and gun, and snacks, water and a rain jacket in the big pouch with a small tripod stool strapped underneath. Liking it so far.

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
HPG kit bag with friction calls and little stuff, and a backpack to pack the bird out.

jmez

WKR
I prefer a vest. Mine isn't hot and has everything where I need it. I hate taking off the pack and digging through bit every time I stop as well.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk