Vest search - for midwest whitetails

mag1

Lil-Rokslider
Hi all, I have been trying to locate a vest that will work great for whitetails in Wis. Ok, I know, there are tons of choices, and many seem like they are awesome, but....... maybe its not possible, but here is what and why.

I need something that won't break the bank. Sitka Fanatic would be the benchmark, but I would like something in more of the $65-125 range. I need something with a quiet outer layer, be able to withstand brush, packable, wind proof.

I have tried softshell's. but they make to much noise, puffys, the same. a typical setup for me is the following. 1-2.5 mile hike into a cattail/lowland marsh/swamp. sometimes a 5-6 mile boat ride in, then 1/2 mile hike in from there. My typical temps range from 80F to -20F with wind up to 30-50mph gusts. (yes, I have sat in -9*F and 50mph wind gusts)

What I am looking for would go over wool base layers, maybe a softshell down to the 20F range, then a puffy under it. any thoughts? SKRE, Badlands, Kuiu, Sitka, predator stealth fleece, any others?
thanks for any input

FLS

WKR
Mack Praire Wings wind shear fleece vest. Warm and quiet. I wear it over if it’s mild under if it’s cold.

Smallie

Lil-Rokslider
Check out the Pnuma insulating vests. Quiet and has a harness pass through in the back.

The Sitka stratus vest is a good piece. You can find ones for a decent price sometimes on eBay or on marketplace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Kuiu Guide vest is not warm at all and is noisy. The Cabela's Wooltimate is your best option in that price range.

Ace12

Lil-Rokslider
I have one from MidwayUSA. Elk fork I think is the name, (warmest one they have) I have 2 from there. Wait till November-December and can be had for 60-70% off. It will be far be the cheapest and honestly it’s the warmest vest I own. I love that thing. A tad bulky. But I bowhunt in it every year.

Gonewest

WKR
I have a Cabelas Berber fleece vest with windstopper that fits what you’re looking for. Not sure if the make them any more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cabela's Wooltimate is everything you're looking for (other than extremely packable). I have one and it is epic, great performance at the price point.