Vest wearers - if you only had one, what would it be?

OrangeMan73

Lil-Rokslider
Another one for the Jetstream vest. I like puffys, but when I put one on it needs to cover my arms. Jetstream vest does a good job of keeping core warm but not overheating.

It would hard to pick just one. I like different things for different activities. However, the Jetstream and Pnuma Waypoint are my picks. I wear a vest to add just a little extra warmth. The weight of these with the wind resistance are the two best I have found for what I’m looking for.

Shraggs

WKR
I love vests must have a dozen, some work better or worse. Lots of good brands.

There are puffy either down or synthetic and I generally like these better for mid layers. Mitigates they’re sound and they don’t bind under a cost when it’s needed.

Then there is fabric either wool (not merino) or fleece. Generally I like this better as a temporary outerwear due silence, durable and breathable. Shed or certainly can still layer a coat if needed.

For active use thinner and lighter products work better for me.

For sedentary actives or more an always outerwear that is when I like a wind shear and heavier garnet. The old style cabelas Wooltimate is a good one.

The FL sawtooth hybrid is awful good all rounder - I have jacket and love it.

Coho

FNG
Depends on what use, but I really like a vest for added insulation if it gets cold or if I sit for awhile (and thus get cold) periodically while moving, which is how I usually hunt. Not likely popular here, but I have gotten eddie bauer 1st ascent microtherm vests on sale that I really like. Very light, ez to pack in the day pack 800 fill power treated down with stretch side panels- so fit is slightly snug and layers well. Always in my pack in mtns.

In 2022 I would have said something like Patagonia nano puff. Today I would say Sitka ambient or similar Alpha insulation vest Much better active layer.

jtivat

Lil-Rokslider
I love my Orvis Upland vest is is a softshell. I have one in BO for hunting and one in grey for everyday wear.

I have a Kuiu Guide, Kryptek ( similar soft shell type), a cheap mossy oak fleece lined one ( pretty warm) and a down one from REI. My favorite one however is an Under Armour infil ops vest, the Gore Windstopper lining is what makes it better than my Kuiu or Kryptek.

Hondo

WKR
Sitka Jetstream (newer style) for me. I wear others a lot including the Kuiu Peloton 240 as well as various down, Primaloft and merino vests but none are as versatile for me as the Jetstream. I preferred the Kuiu Guide DCS vest over the prior version of the Jetstream, but the new version jumped to the top.

I Iove vests.

Hands down my favorite is my Filson waxed tin cloth.

Light, thin, packable, warm, cuts wind and light rain great.

I wear it more than all my other vests combined.