VIAM or UGQ Quilt

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
I'm trying to decide between these two quilts. They both check my boxes, but I'm very picky about how each stays attached to the mat to mitigate or eliminate drafts.
Anyone have experience with both?
I'm leaning towards the Viam, but would like to hear thoughts from people who have used either quilt.
I'm using a Sea to Summit Comfort plus insulated pad with a respectable R-value.

rlg5

FNG
I have a UGQ. For draft control, check out their dynamic tension control option, it adds some versatility to the quilt and is well worth the $10. They offer a bunch of customization options, the quality is great and from what I've seen they are a very hunter positive company.

I have a VIAM, had it made wider and longer. I love it. I would not hesitate with either the UGQ or VIAM. Both great and custom to your preference.

note: after you use for a season, you may decide you like to tweak something, so you’ll probably end up with a second down the road LOL

Weston

Lil-Rokslider
I’ve got a UGQ, no experience with any other quilts, I got wide and long and use with a wide pad and three of the bungees around the pad and a sewn footbox.

I love my quilt and haven’t even considered looking at another since I got it, it is exponentially better than a bag for me. Granted nothing I do gets below 25 ish at night, if I was going much cooler I think I would like the security of a bag better.

2rsquared

Lil-Rokslider
I can't comment on the VIAM, however I ordered my UAG in the widest they make it and it covers me up just fine with no drafts.

I purchased my UAG before they had the "cinch" system. Sounds like that's a good and cheap option.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
Get a lightweight bivy, put your pad and quilt in it and don't worry about pad attachment systems. The bivy will take care of the drafts, keep everything together, and clean. Bug free too if you leave camp set up for the day.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
L

Lochtsa71

Lil-Rokslider
I ordered the Viam, long and wide 10* after talking to Tristan on the phone. Awesome customer attention and service.
Thanks to all for their suggestions.

Last edited:
I just got my viam long wide haven’t used it yet but looks well built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rake

FNG
I have the UGQ, I'm 6'2 250 and bought the long /wide, it's a solid choice. As stated above, get the tension control.