Vibram Five Fingers Spyridon MR Elites?

Dobermann

WKR
I have two pairs of vibram five fingers and thought they'd work well for camp shoes and river crossings.

My first pair was a set of the classics. The river current nearly took it off my foot. The following year I picked up a set of ksa's. Worked better in the river but was harder to get on with a sweaty foot. Neither one works very well on slick rock. I came closer to falling with them on than I did with them off.

Around camp they weren't too bad, when your tires they can be hard to put on and really test your patience.

OP
D

Dobermann

WKR
Thanks for that considered reply, Justin. Did you end up finding a camp/creek crossing/stalk shoe that you prefer?

I haven't used the five fingers in a while. If you end up with a blister on your toes they will make you cranky as camp shoes.

Crotalus

Lil-Rokslider
Had a pair of older five fingers that i thought would be great for hopping in and out of my kayak while river fishing. They were very poor on rocks in the river. I wish they had the same sole as the Simms wading boots.

Honestly I didn't. I've always thought about it, but I either find a way to cross or just walk through it. I'm not willing to carry an extra pair of shoes just cross a creek. By the time I'm in camp it's usually dark so I'm not really hanging out and needing another pair of shoes.

Tsnider

WKR
im gonna be taking my vibrams this year. i have had the KSO model for years now, and i also have another model that has more tread and is more of a running shoe. i used to wear them as river shoes and for fishing. the ones with the gnarly tread actually do much worse on the rocks. they slip around way too much. they have the benefit of being thicker so you dont feel any stray rocks.

the KSO model has a smooth looking botom with siping in it and grips wet rock far better. those are gonna be my creek crossing and camp shoes this year.

Trial153

WKR
I have a pair of Trek Ascent insulated. They are freaking awesome on stalk to get into bow range. Super quite, grippy and stable. I like the fact I am not pulling stickers and thorns out of my socks and also not crying when I would step of a sharp rock with nothing but a sock. Also they a lightly insulated and you won't freeze your nuts off if you stalk goes a couple hours or more in colder weather. The bad is they aren't easy to put on however you get used to it. As for creek crossing I think I would be fine in them providing I had time to dry them before I use them again..... weight wise they a fairly light and pack down...just ok. They for me they are fine for camp shoes however not as comfortable as say crocs/ Usa dawgs.