Victory for hunters

Beendare

WKR
In case you missed it, the Humane Society was trying to get at hunters personal info and they were stymied.

( For those that think these Anti Hunting orgs arr harmless- this gives an insight into their motivations)

From the SCI for Hunters website;

Huge Victory Keeps Hunters' Identities Confidential
A D.C federal district court has ruled in favor of Safari Club International and the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service that Humane Society International was not entitled to force the disclosure of hunters' personal identifying information from the federal government. The ruling was issued on Thursday, August 15.
Safari Club International CEO W. Laird Hamberlin commented on the ruling, saying "today's court ruling is an enormous victory for SCI and the hunters we represent, whose right to privacy should never be violated simply because of the role they choose to play in preserving our hunting heritage. SCI's tireless advocacy for hunters' rights in the courtroom has helped produce this important legal precedent, and we look forward to continuing our fight to protect hunters' rights in courts across the co

ODB

WKR
Man, I JUST heard about this from folks who were on that list. Think it’s great.

"...not entitled to force the disclosure of hunters' personal identifying information from the federal government."

Just exactly what "personal identifying information" does the federal government have on hunters? I'm sure they have tons of information but are they legally entitled to any of it?

OP
B

Beendare

WKR
Man, I JUST heard about this from folks who were on that list. Think it’s great.

Yeah, what do they want with that info anyway?

Many states require a Social Security number and reconcile it with databases for all sorts of things....like if you owe child support.

You want the Humane society to have your SS #? Thank your lucky stars Holder isn't still running the DOJ.....

Travis907

WKR
That’s a huge win for hunters. We got to keep fighting the good fight! Thanks Safari Club and U.S F&W Service!

ODB

WKR
Yeah, what do they want with that info anyway?

Many states require a Social Security number and reconcile it with databases for all sorts of things....like if you owe child support.

You want the Humane society to have your SS #? Thank your lucky stars Holder isn't still running the DOJ.....

They want it to harass hunters, period. Find their houses and “shame” them...it’s Saul Alinsky tactics 101...

brsnow

WKR
You provide your name, address, DOB, SS# to get a license, so they have a good amount of your info.

ODB

WKR
You provide your name, address, DOB, SS# to get a license, so they have a good amount of your info.

Not international hunters. This lawsuit was seeking the identities of importers/exporters.

A key fact from the story: “The court also found that HSI did not demonstrate a public interest in the disclosure of the names that outweighed the privacy interests at stake.”

This is important. In other words, breach of privacy was not worth any theoretical gain for the public interest.

Mutto

FNG
I always like the anti hunters response when I ask why they are trying to tread on my tribes hunting rights and treaty. Blank stare. Lifeless. Reminds me of the Jaws movie scene where the Captain talks of the shark’s eyes are like a Doll’s eyes. I get the same look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk