Victory RIP TKO vs Black Eagle Rampage questions

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
I have been using the VAP elite without out issue, very consistent and durable.

TX_Diver

WKR
I shot rampages for the last few years. Had much better luck with the HIT inserts (I used Easton but many used IW).

Trying the Easton axis arrows this year and haven't had to cull any. Usually had 1 rampage that wouldn't spin well. Just getting into shooting again this year though so long term durability is still up for debate.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Victories run weak.
I've been playing around with some Victory RIP TKO 250's with 200-225gr up front at 75lbs and almost 33" draw and they have tuned up just fine. I haven't seen any indications that they run weak at all, even with fixed blade BH's. But I'll try and get them on a RAM spine tester this week and see how they are while static.

I've been playing around with some Victory RIP TKO 250's with 200-225gr up front at 75lbs and almost 33" draw and they have tuned up just fine. I haven't seen any indications that they run weak at all, even with fixed blade BH's. But I'll try and get them on a RAM spine tester this week and see how they are while static.
Playing with various 300's I find them to be closer to a slightly stiffer 340. Like ~320

Zac

WKR
Like Ronald Regan use to say "trust but verify", I shoot a lot of victory arrows I always check "spine alignment".
What have you found with those spine marks? Are they close? Right on? Or just all over the place?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What have you found with those spine marks? Are they close? Right on? Or just all over the place?
I got 2 dozen RIP TKO shafts from Jerry at SSAS, he always tests for the stiff side and marks it on the shafts. I just checked those shafts and only 2 of the 24 are marked in the same spot as Victory's mark. But as I've said before, it doesn't matter because I nock tune everything. All I care about is the arrows hitting behind my pins. I could care less where the marks are. And in most cases from my experience, that's totally random from where any marks are.

1stSgt M

Lil-Rokslider
Like others have stated they are inconsistent out of the 3 dozen I have at least a half dozen didn't match up, its enough to check. As 5MilesBack pointed out if you nock tune the marks are some what immaterial.

Ingo

Lil-Rokslider

I have a feeling most of us overrate our ability in relationship to the quality of the equipment.

My opinion is the TKOs are better than the Black Eagle simply because they're a lot tougher and they're neck in neck with the BEs in consistency.

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk