Victory TKO w/ Outsert Issue after the shot

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I will say the one thing that stinks about the Ethics system is the overall weight. Using the Iron Will licensed titanium HITs you can get something bullet proof without having to hang a ton of weight off the end of your arrow.
With the RIP TKO's I still wanted an arrow right around 500gr. I have always used regular 16gr HIT's in all my other heavier GPI .204" arrows that came in near the 500gr mark.

So to get the RIP TKO's at ~500gr I needed 200gr up front with the inserts and heads. So the three arrows with 100gr Ethics SS inserts, I use 100gr heads. And the arrows with 75gr HIT's, I use 125gr heads. And both arrows come in right at 500gr. I prefer not needing collars, that's why I chose the RIP TKO's and the Sirius Apollo's......both are tough durable arrows.

OP
M
I used those shafts for one season. Didn't matter what I shot. They all did that. The guy at my pro shop claimed they are soft arrows and just market they are tough. Not sure if that's true. But they all broke. Two elk. Two broken shafts exactly where your pics are. Switched to different arrow and outsert combo and haven't had that issue. IMO VAP is marketed well. I never thought they shot that great and they def didn't perform that great. No science behind my comment. Just experience with them.
What arrow type did you change too? I am asking for a friend who might be making a change this offseason due to a potential arrow/outsert failure. ;)

What arrow type did you change too? I am asking for a friend who might be making a change this offseason due to a potential arrow/outsert failure. ;)

Tried two different set ups. First was Gold Tip Piece Platinum 250 spine with Easton Titanium outserts. My issue with them was deviation between boxes. So I'd have weight differences of 10grs on a 29 inch arrow. So went with Black Eagle X impact 250. With the Easton outsert and the pin knocks. The standard nocks whistled in flight. That arrow set up is right around 500grs with a 125 gr tip or you can run 475 with a 100 GR point. Super strong and accurate. Deviations around 1-2 grs out of a like 20 arrows. So nothing you'd notice. And they are super accurate and sturdy.

Tried two different set ups. First was Gold Tip Piece Platinum 250 spine with Easton Titanium outserts. My issue with them was deviation between boxes. So I'd have weight differences of 10grs on a 29 inch arrow. So went with Black Eagle X impact 250. With the Easton outsert and the pin knocks. The standard nocks whistled in flight. That arrow set up is right around 500grs with a 125 gr tip or you can run 475 with a 100 GR point. Super strong and accurate. Deviations around 1-2 grs out of a like 20 arrows. So nothing you'd notice. And they are super accurate and sturdy.
You haven’t had any of those ti outserts blow out the side? I might be unlucky but that was my experience in the older D6 FMJ - created a lever I guess. I recovered my deer and the arrow with a perfectly straight ti outsert (used again to test and it spun perfect) blown out the side of the shaft. They are tough but seems like they need a collar.
I gave up on the micro shafts and went back to standard stuff After dropping several hundred on ethics setup and victory vAP TKO, sanding, spinning and everything else only to have any that hit things in TAC shoot targets shear off behind the collar/insert.

So
You haven’t had any of those ti outserts blow out the side? I might be unlucky but that was my experience in the older D6 FMJ - created a lever I guess. I recovered my deer and the arrow with a perfectly straight ti outsert (used again to test and it spun perfect) blown out the side of the shaft. They are tough but seems like they need a collar.
I gave up on the micro shafts and went back to standard stuff After dropping several hundred on ethics setup and victory vAP TKO, sanding, spinning and everything else only to have any that hit things in TAC shoot targets shear off behind the collar/insert.
So I have had them mushroom...but only if I hit something like a metal rod in a 3D target. The arrows definitely damaged at that point. The titanium outsert is fine. I have not had them blow out the side. With the collars I have had them blow up behind the collars. And I hate sanding an arrow to put on a collar. Defeats the whole purpose. Cause if the arrow is damaged the collar is stuck and then the whole thing is trash. With the outsert I can heat it and remove it. The focos probably the best for salvaging you arrow yet they bend so much you have to spin them after every shot like an aluminum arrow. Honestly if your going micro I'd say X impact with titanium outserts. Otherwise just got with a 5mm arrow and have way more options. For me I think I'll probably build arrows for the hunt. Deer size game with longer shots. Micro diameter. Elk a beefy shaft is hard to beat.