Victory vap tko vs. goldtip pierce platinum

Zac

WKR
I've used Victory VAP Elites in the .166, as well as the Pierce Plat. I think the Victories ended up being a little straighter, but that could be due to the GT component system. I think both are great options. I really don't think the whole spine alignment thing is legit with Victory. I would say if you wan't to run more weight up front than usual I would definitely go with the Victory. If I was going to run the Pierce's again I would go with the Tours to get a little more straightness.

I’ve ran both. Comparing elites and tours or gamers and platinums you will find tolerances very similar but victory generally was straighter along the entire shaft with minimal imperfections and tuned stiffer. The gold tip edges out the victories in impact durability. This is partly due to component design although I have not tried the new shok collars(50,75). The tkos have a woven carbon that chips off if you start smacking arrows together grouping. Also very easy to scrape a bit off if refletching without a wrap. I believe this is because they have some graphite in them.

Both are really solid arrows. Tough choice. Durability vs tolerance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Back_country_blacktail
Ya i have read a lot of negative things about victorys outserts and have read a lot of negative things on gold tips straightness. Have any of you ran goldtips insert and collar set up on a victory?

I shoot Victory. They have new insert/outserts whatever serts now that are supposedly better lol. Personally I would run ethics archery with them which is what I currently do. I’m waiting on a new dozen arrows right now from Victory actually. I may switch the order to their new VAP SS.

Brendan

WKR
Ya i have read a lot of negative things about victorys outserts and have read a lot of negative things on gold tips straightness. Have any of you ran goldtips insert and collar set up on a victory?

Gold Tip's insert/outsert system sucks. Don't bother. But then again, most outserts have that problem. I actually really liked the Pierce Platinum arrows, mine were awesome. One of the best shooting shafts I've had.

My opinion is that if you want to shoot a micro diameter arrow, your best bet is iron will Deep 6 inserts and collars. You'll just be limited on broadhead selection, but Iron Will is an option. If it were me, I'd just jump up to 5mm shafts where components are a lot better.

Zac

WKR
Best option for Victory by far is Valkyrie components. If your not into the whole FOC thing you can get very reasonable weighted heads from Brent now.

Yes I tested them out. Had to do a bit of sanding to get to fit but they worked. It definitely made them more durable but instead of the shaft breaking right after outsert with old system it broke closer to middle. The gold tip still won in durability category. This was shooting a cement wall though...I’m sure they hold up fine on bone.

Check out ethics outserts for them.

I wouldn’t say the gold tips weren’t straight because they were and spun true with broadheads when seated correctly. They just had imperfections along length of shaft which means you have to find the sweet spot using a spin tester. Just a bit more work.

JBahr

Lil-Rokslider
I extensively tested both these because the GPI was right for my spine to achieve the total weight I wanted with impact collars and deep six inserts. Both Gold Tip and Victory's components SUCK in terms of, straightness, durability and weight consistency. I knew right away I was going with Iron Will components.

I ended up with the Victory 250's cut at 29.5" with 25gr Steel Collars, 25gr D6 inserts, 125gr point, 4 fletch AAE Max Stealths, wrap and standard nock, 525gr total weight. Moves out of the VXR @ 77lbs @ 280 FPS. 91ft/lbs KE.

Agreed the spine alignment was off on a few out of a dozen for the Victorys but pretty close on most. The Gold Tips were not as straight as they claimed, neither were the Victories, but the GT were worse. Only difference that mattered to me.

OP
Back_country_blacktail
Thanks for all the replies! I'm just wanting a smaller shift that I can stay right around 450 grains and that won't fail if I accidentally smack a shoulder.

Id honestly recommend neither. The Gold Tip spine consistency sucks and VAPs arent the greatest either- I have used many of the micro's - the best by far for me and in the Ram spine tester has been Easton Carbon Injexions. Great advice above to use the IW components or I have also had great luck with a D6 insert behind a Firenock outsert. A little heavier but a great shaft!

Reburn

Mayhem Contributor
I have been shooting the gold tip pierce platinum. I can't say I have been impressed with the quality of the gold tips. I have 9 out of 2 dozen 300's that failed GPI tolerance (9.23 low to 9.45 High on the good shafts), or bareshaft straightness or spine. The durability has seemed ok but I am just shooting them into a matrix target. I did contact gold tip and they want video that I haven't supplied them yet.

Dont have any experience with the VAP.

Did build some Black eagle rampage 300's for my brother and I was very impressed with the quality and straightness and GPI accuracy. Everything was so consistant on the black eagles if I had a 5gr head diffrence it actually caused problems getting all the 6 field points and 6 broadhead to weigh within 3 grains of each other. some of the nap spitfires were acutally coming in at 105 grains on 100's.

Zac

WKR
Yeah I think BE and Easton are definitely the most consistent shafts out there. The Easton Injection is probably the most consistent arrows I ever built. All 12 bullet holes with no fletching without hardly having to turn a nock. However they seemed extremely fragile compared to the Axis.

Yeah I think BE and Easton are definitely the most consistent shafts out there. The Easton Injection is probably the most consistent arrows I ever built. All 12 bullet holes with no fletching without hardly having to turn a nock. However they seemed extremely fragile compared to the Axis.

Have you used collars with footers on the Injexions? I might put some together this yeah for my trad setup.

Zac

WKR
No I was using Deep 6 HITS and the Titanium half out. The half out was nice but was too much weight for the 83 lb Hoyt at the time. Odd spines those Injexions.

dkime

WKR
Like others have said, Used both in the past. Outsert system sucks on both. Both shafts are gonna be "okay" I've had some issues with GT consistency as of late and you couldn't pay me to buy another Victory shaft. Buy a dozen of one or the other, odds are you'll have an opportunity to buy the other brand shortly there after.

Zac

WKR
Rampages are great, I think he is interested in a .166 though.

OP
Back_country_blacktail
Ended up changing my mind. I think im going to run victory rip tkos with 50 grain hit inserts with 10 grain iron will impact collars.

Latest posts

Featured Video

Stats

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheRealGerman