Victory VAP vs GT Kinetic Kaos

So here’s my deal, after shooting(and honestly liking) VAPs the last few years, it seems they’ve went up quite a bit in price. I’m pretty sure I was paying $180 a dozen and now they’re 210-225 everywhere.

Before that, I was shooting GT Kinetic Kaos with good results… and now looking at pricing, I can’t see paying an extra $50-60 a dozen for the VAPs.

Am I crazy? Am I going to see any real difference between the two for hunting purposes?

My current plan, since I have the better part of a dozen unfletched shafts left, is to finish out this season with the VAPs(I have a bunch fletched as well) and then come January buy a dozen Kaos and retune my stuff with those arrows.

Any other things you guys would recommend? I may end up using Ethics outserts with the Kaos… but I may not. I haven’t gotten that far yet. I want to keep my FOC where it is or maybe bump it slightly up so maybe use the FACT system?

Any opinions/comments/suggestions? Recent experience with the Kaos?

thank you.

Kularrow

Lil-Rokslider
I rock the Kaos, I love them. Arrows are like brand name shoes they aren’t going to make you run faster or jump higher. With that said, if you’re a treestand ground blind whitetail hunter I really see no reason to change. Now if you’ve got thousands sunk into a out west hunt then what’s a couple extra dollars for the highest quality arrow. Just my 2 cents.

OP
J
I rock the Kaos, I love them. Arrows are like brand name shoes they aren’t going to make you run faster or jump higher. With that said, if you’re a treestand ground blind whitetail hunter I really see no reason to change. Now if you’ve got thousands sunk into a out west hunt then what’s a couple extra dollars for the highest quality arrow. Just my 2 cents.
Yeah that’s my philosophy as well. I’m sure some target guys might derive some sort of advantage from the better arrows, but for the average hunter I have to assume I won’t see much of a difference making the switch.

I have no money sunk into hunts, I live “out west”… I don’t tree stand ground blind hunt though, and my max range is 60 yards.

Like I said, I’ve used them in the past, just trying to make sure quality hasn’t slipped or there’s not some other variable I’m overlooking.

Zac

WKR
The Vaps have a much higher tolerance than the Kaos. If you want a more consistent 5mm shaft I would use BE Rampage, or Easton Axis with HIT inserts. No point in dealing with half outs and collars with 5mms. Concentricity, and run out will always favor the hidden insert.

OP
J
The Vaps have a much higher tolerance than the Kaos. If you want a more consistent 5mm shaft I would use BE Rampage, or Easton Axis with HIT inserts. No point in dealing with half outs and collars with 5mms. Concentricity, and run out will always favor the hidden insert.
Thanks for the heads up on both. Any preference there between the two?