Video Cameras

I've been filming my hunts this season with my phone, gopro and an old kodak playsport. I'd like to get better video, so I'm looking to upgrade. Kinda leaning towards a Sony Handycam, also looked at Canon Vixia HFW 10. I'd like to stay in the $2-300 range. Waterproof would be ideal, but not everything. Looks like the canon got bad reviews on audio, which is kinda my gripe about my gopro. Suggestions? Opinions? I'm looking to be able to get decent film further away, right now with what I have it's difficult to get good video that's more than 40 yards. Also since my kodak is so old I transfer to my phone and edit, which is a pain. Seems like filmora has good feedback. Does anyone know if I can edit my gopro video in that? I have a 7 if that makes a difference.

hoskier

FNG
I have a Canon Vixia HFG20. Don't think it is waterproof, but it has great quality and a good zoom on it. A bit bulky for your needs, but you might like one similar to it. How small are you wanting to go with the video camera? An attachment to your spotting scope or binoculars might not be a bad idea either.

OP
C
I guess I didn’t realize they were bulky. I’d like to to have something decent to mount on a camera arm or tripod for whitetail hunting. I’ve thought about the phone scope for western stuff but I don’t have a spotter and I usually just rest my binoculars on a bog pod tripod so idk how well it would turn out. Everything just looks so far with my GoPro after bow range. How is the audio on that canon? I’m open to suggestions. Idk much about cameras just getting started filming
I have a Canon Vixia HFG20. Don't think it is waterproof, but it has great quality and a good zoom on it. A bit bulky for your needs, but you might like one similar to it. How small are you wanting to go with the video camera? An attachment to your spotting scope or binoculars might not be a bad idea either.