Video Ideas?

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I'm going to be getting some tech tip/informational videos on backpacking gear and general info type stuff.

Anyway, let me know what you guys would like to see and what pieces of gear you may want a video done on.

Here's what I had in mind, but please give me all your suggestions.

What goes in my pack and where I put it.

Video on Kifaru Timberline along with all of the attachment options.

How to give your backpack a diet.

I would appreciate all suggestions!

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
That's a big ass list, but a great idea!

Maybe we should start a thread about that as well because my packing list has changed a bunch in the last 10 years!

dotman

WKR
Be great to see a side by side of the timberline and ku packs plus accessories. I know I know they are apples to oranges but might give people a better understanding of the difference and help make a decision deciding if they are on the fence.

Heck sounds like a video kifaru should do :)

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
A video on ways to cut weight from your existing shelter would be great too. Maybe just a "lightening up your gear" vid.

I think a caping video would be benificial.I get alot of clients that bring in hacked up capes because they do know how to do it or think to learn it before they drop a critter. Also a written or a video blog on some of the new wrist watch computers that are out? perhapse a how to use them,best use of them etc.

How can you improve a pack thst is just okay
101 has the Gutless video....how about a premium deboning.
Map/Compass/GPS/UTM or long&Lat
Treking poles and their various uses
Uses of all the features on the packs (D rings - loops etc.)
The many uses of your 50 foot of paracord and 3-6 essential knots

How to set up/pick a campsite for bivy and for backpack style hunting.
What to do when a storm comes rolling in on you in the backcountry.
Tips on hunting smarter, not harder for elk/muleys above timberline.
Common mistakes new backpack hunters make when packing their pack, and why they don't need everything they bring.
Caping and detaching the head of an elk/muley.
How to strap the head of an elk/muley to your pack for packing out.
Tips for getting over fear or ways to cope with it for extended bivy/backpack hunts

Curtis C

WKR
Not gear related but key to a successful hunting trip.

Map/google earth scouting. I have spent a lot of time staring at google earth and usually end up frustrated by not being able to indentify what I was trying to find.

How do you identify feeding, bedding, watering, and migration areas using google earth.

C

Aron,

On your T2 pack videos you pull everything out to show what you could fit into the pack and how you use the pockets, but on future videos it might be usefull to show everything laid out on the ground so we can see all that goes in and how you organize it, THEN show where it goes by packing the pack with everything. Maybe even group the items by where they go in the pack when you lay it all out.

Larry

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey Larry,

Just play the video backwards and you'll get the same affect:)

Just kidding!

We have multiple videos planned and a couple of them will cover what you described. These will be going up each week.

BuckSnort

WKR
I enjoy the vids.. Last night I watched the "Hunt Smart Not Hard" video, it was spot on, especially the part about about "talking yourself off the mountain", this is easy to do with bad planning and false expectations.. A couple video requests from me would be:

Training tips ... I am in the process of losing weight that I put on when I was sick (I gained 30 lbs since August).... I usually jog when I want to lose weight but I want to try something different this year..Thinking about circuit training and strength training with a suspension trainer (in the process of building one) I'm trying to cut at least 30 lbs by August..

I'm sure I'll think of a few more suggestions.. Hell, any vids of backpacking in the high country you could share would be nice to watch and break up the downtime of waiting for the snow to melt..

can you post your de-boning video you had on live hunt on this site. lots of good info there. Some backpack cardio training videos and current gear list and packing video.

Jax

FNG
would like to see videos of different kits (hygiene, 1st aid, survival, kill) and what goes in them

slim9300

WKR
How can you improve a pack thst is just okay
101 has the Gutless video....how about a premium deboning.
Map/Compass/GPS/UTM or long&Lat
Treking poles and their various uses
Uses of all the features on the packs (D rings - loops etc.)
The many uses of your 50 foot of paracord and 3-6 essential knots

I like the idea of "how to use trekking poles." It may sound funny but I bought some this year on your recommendation and I don't know how to properly use them. (I'm sure I could half-ass figure it out on my own)

I was going to You-Tube the topic, but since you are the backcountry hunting "professor," I would like to see how you use them.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Maybe a video on knots. For instance, top 3 most used knots and there different uses.
HAHA I could use that as this non-boyscout uses the single, double and triple granny knot currently. :D