Video lens for Sony camera?

Hey everyone,
Quick question for you guys out there videoing your hunts. I have an A6300 with the 18-105 Power Zoom lens that i use for video and pics. Even with the 1.5 crop factor I have a maximum focal length of about 155-160. This has been fine for my archery hunts but my son is old enough to hunt this year and will be using a rifle. My question is what lens do you guys feel gives you enough length to film hunts with a rifle? I was initially looking at a 70-200 lens but have also considered the 70-300 or 70-350 lens.

Second part of this question is that i was looking at getting an adapter for using Canon ef lenses on the e mount Sony. I was reading that the Metabones is one of the best for auto focus. I have also read that the auto focus will only work on photos and not video, anyone know if this is true? Are the adapters fast enough and reliable enough to use with auto focus or would you consider them manual focus only? Thanks for the help in advance.

sneaky

"DADDY"
I would call the guys at CameraLand and talk to them.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

TTT

Lil-Rokslider
I like Sigma MC-11 to adapt Canon EF lenses. Focusing with any “smart adapter” is adequately quick but still won’t be as good as a higher grade native Sony lens. Unless you’re wanting action/sports pics, you won’t notice it. My experience, though, is with full frame sensor bodies.

For video specific applications, I like using older manual focus lens with Novoflex adapters. They are relatively cheap, tremendously well built, and quiet if refocus or zoom is needed. I have had irritating instances of AF lens lock on fore or background objects instead of my subject on a video recording.

jeepfan

FNG
The good thing about native Sony PZ lenses is they allow one hand operation (using autofocus) when paired with a Sony RM-VPR1 remote control mounted on the fluid head handle.