View from the tent door

OP
Yellowknife
YK and Luke... This may sound stupid, but what kind of tent is that or who makes it? How much does it weigh?

It's a Brooks Range "Foray". Mine comes in right at 3 lbs ready to roll. Luke talked me into it when I was looking for a new three season tent, and tipped me off to a 25% off sale to boot. No regrets so far. He did a review on his.

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/sleep-systems/231-brooks-range-foray

There are certainly lighter tents out there, but most of them sacrifice weather resistance in a big way. This one was obviously designed by somebody who has weathered some storms. Besides all the guy out points, it also has a dry entry, which is a must have IMO.

Mostly I expect to use it solo, but it's got enough room to use with two when needed and so far I've used it about 50/50. Typical of "two person" tents though, it's not something two people can actually live in for long periods of time, but as a place to crash at night it's worked out fine.

Yk

arffdog875

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks guys...it sounds like what I am looking for, will defiantly take a closer look at it for my solo trips...especially at 3 lbs!