Viper Tricks Are In the Mail!

ElkNut1

WKR
Just ordered the Viper Tricks in 100 grain, without a doubt my favorite head out of any I've ever shot! Awesome results & fantastic blood trails!

Which Broadhead gets the nod from you this year?

ElkNut

Ucsdryder

WKR
Going back to the German kinetic 125xl again this year. Hard to beat the way the fly, the sharpness, and the big cut with my weight and speed. I am carrying a mechanical for the first time.

mlgc20

WKR
Still debating between the Slick Trick Magnums or the Rage Trypans. In general, I prefer a fixed broadhead. But, I love how the Trypan shoots in windy conditions.

Jellymon1

Lil-Rokslider
125g viper tricks for me. Got a passthrough from chest to ham on the bear in my avatar and it died within 20yds and lots of blood. I’m sold.

Moneyball

WKR
Gotta agree with ElkNut!

68f2bc10d753c5ebb7ba632cb45f185e.plist

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JNDEER

WKR
On a quest to find the quietest Broadhead vane combo out of my bow. Have slick standard, sevr, rage trypan, wac em, viper trick, nap redneck, grim reaper hades mini, shuttle t, redhead toxic, and nap slingblade Waiting to be tested along with 5 or so vanes that google research suggests are quiet.

my head I have been shooting is the slick standard

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Monetball, sweet bull!

JNDEER, you are over thinking it. My Son & I have taken bulls with at least two dozen different heads, broadhead whistle, humming, etc. is meaningless for elk. Shoot what you have 100% confidence in & quit worrying about the human factor! Seriously, no big deal!

ElkNut

I have 5 arrows in my quiver. 3 trypans and 2 kudu point broadheads. I have been shooting this combo for the past two months and have them tuned to a "T". I cannot wait for September. I am ready to go!

Magnus stinger buzzcuts have been good to me on deer, but I ordered some Vipertricks to dial in for my first elk hunt this year.

JNDEER

WKR
Monetball, sweet bull!

JNDEER, you are over thinking it. My Son & I have taken bulls with at least two dozen different heads, broadhead whistle, humming, etc. is meaningless for elk. Shoot what you have 100% confidence in & quit worrying about the human factor! Seriously, no big deal!

ElkNut

Elk,
Only ventured into elk woods twice with 3 elk taken. I have video of a calm facing away eating bull start to duck my arrow at 45 yards before the arrow gets their. Although you started this thread in the elk section- my specific reasoning for change is for HI axis deer, but in general this will be my future set up for local deer and out of state elk hunts in the near future. The elk we have taken was with wac em and slick standard head which we have total confidence in.
I don’t know if making my set up as total quiet as possible will even make a difference to the axis- but it’s worth tinkering with.
I agree with you on the elk, unless you are taking bomb shots at 70+ yards where the bow sound and whistle arrow has plenty of time to get to the elk-confidence in your shooting ability and good broadhead is key!

Blaw

WKR
slick trick standard took the elk in my avatar, crap blood trail. but he died maybe 20-30yrds away.

any noticeable difference between the vipers and standard?