Viper Tricks Are In the Mail!

3pointer

Lil-Rokslider
Viper trick 125 , by far the best flying fixed blade out of my bow atleast

sneaky

"DADDY"
@ElkNut1 I remember sending you a Viper trick in that batch of broadheads I sent you back in the day to test. Glad to hear you still like em!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Stalker69

WKR
Going back to the German kinetic 125xl again this year. Hard to beat the way the fly, the sharpness, and the big cut with my weight and speed. I am carrying a mechanical for the first time.

? ( what) Mechanical, GK ‘s are great heads and they are what I use also, but they are not a mechanical head.

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
I’ll have vipertricks in the quiver with some exodus on standby most likely. May look at wrangling up some Trypans. Still using hypos for whitetail.

Spence14

WKR
I shot Viper tricks last year and will be sticking with them again this year. The deer I killed below was a frontal shot and jumped the string a bit. Arrow zipped him open at the eye and down the neck and then entered its chest and out its lower abdomen. He went about 30 yds. He was a “cryptorchid buck” if anyone is wondering.

B6FF9DC1-55F0-4412-AF65-21634B1F3C86.png

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I like experimenting so this year I'll have at least one 125gr swept blade Exodus, one 150gr Trypan, and of course my tried and true Spitfires and GR Fatal Steels. I have no idea which one I'll grab until I grab it. But they'll all hit the same aiming spots or they wouldn't be in the quiver.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
JNDEER, I hear ya bud! I've got quite a bit of video too seeing the reaction from elk from longbows, recurves & compounds. I can see no connection of broadhead noise making them skittish or jumpy. What I do see is possible bow noise or even more reasonable is the movement we all make in releasing our arrows/bows. There's hand, arm, head movement from us & that certainly can & does cause a reaction. I give zero credit to a broadhead making them drop or lunge. I'm referring to elk here. Thanks!

ElkNut

JNDEER, I hear ya bud! I've got quite a bit of video too seeing the reaction from elk from longbows, recurves & compounds. I can see no connection of broadhead noise making them skittish or jumpy. What I do see is possible bow noise or even more reasonable is the movement we all make in releasing our arrows/bows. There's hand, arm, head movement from us & that certainly can & does cause a reaction. I give zero credit to a broadhead making them drop or lunge. I'm referring to elk here. Thanks!

ElkNut

I agree with this..
Elk can see way more in the peripheral, that most realize( the reason their eyes are out to the side and not straight ahead like a predator).

codym

WKR
I will be going with the slick trick standard 100's again, mostly because I have a ton of them and they work great. I've killed with the qad exodus, great head. You guys are making me want to try the vipers.

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider
Any u guys ever tried steelforce phatheads? That's what I'll b shooting. I Sliced one right through an antelope last year but any broadhead would slam through a lope

raptor16

Lil-Rokslider
Just got my 2 packs of vipertricks today. Assembled and spin tested all of them. All of them spin beautifully. Gonna test em out next weekend next to my field points.

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Alpineelk, I haven't used those but we've taken a couple of elk with very similar Magnus & Scirroco heads. I'm not a 2-blade fan personally but if they work for you go for it! Thanks!

ElkNut

Again I will be using the proven RazorTrick. I don't look forward to the day I run out and have to start the search for the perfect head.

I went from Razors to Vipers and have had nearly identical results. They’re a very similar shape, mainly you have a carbon point vs the all blade style.

I watched a bull die on his feet, right where I shot him, in about 3 minutes. I’m done experimenting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trial153

WKR
I liked Razor tricks till I had one come apart on me. I hugged the shoulder a little too close on a bull The shot looked decent till I found the arrow about 75 yards into the trail. The front blade was sheared off, my saving grace was the bull was quartering to me a little and I got part of the on side lung. A hairy bit of tracking got me to a second shot and I finished it.
Always seemed strange to me as the blades on the razor trick were beefy and seemed plenty strong.
I think the viper trick was response to the failings of the razor trick.
The vipers are good economical head. I always have few in the line up. I have gotten way better and consistent penetration with them verse the slick trick mags.

GregB

WKR
Alpineelk, I haven't used those but we've taken a couple of elk with very similar Magnus & Scirroco heads. I'm not a 2-blade fan personally but if they work for you go for it! Thanks!

ElkNut
What heads do you use for your traditional set up?

Alpineelk

Lil-Rokslider

ElkNut
Ya I like the idea of a thicker blade so I figured I'd try them. And they fly good out of my setup. Also curious wat u use for trad. I shoot the 185 grizzly single bevel got one bear with them so far didn't penetrate far tho cause I hit it in the spine