Viper Tricks Are In the Mail!

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
We've taken bulls with a variety of heads with Trad gear. My favorite head for ease of sharpening, tough as they come, fly great, etc, is the Wensel Woodmans in Elite or Solids. This heads are killers!

Here's a couple photos of bulls we've taken & their heads used.

ElkNut2018 Paul II 5pt Bull ID.JPG Old school 150 grain Snuffer!000_0061.JPG 125 grain Wensel Woodsman3 Paul II 07 bull.jpg Scirroco 4-blade (2-blade with bleeders)10 Clayton's Bull.jpg 125 grain Swickey3 Pauls 2008 ID elk.jpg 125 grain Snuffer SS

400orBust

FNG
I've been using VPA 125's for a few years now and am very impressed with them. I like Slick Tricks and have taken 2 bulls with them but they are not as tough as the VPAs. Although I may go back to Slick cause I need more broadheads this year and VPA's seem to be out of stock everytime I look!

WVELK

FNG
For what it is worth, I am a slick trick 100 standard guy. I have killed elk with a BUNCH of different heads. They all worked quickly and all were fixed blade heads. In each of my kills it was good shot placement and calling right after the shot. Therefore none have went far. The slick trick is the best flying head I have found by far. It adds 35 yards to my comfort range

Noklok

FNG
Been testing heads the last few weeks. I have 5 heads all hitting on at 60 yards but on the windier days the NAP Nitron is by far the best. Fortunately I have some of the originals. The new Thunderhead Nitro doesn’t have the same overall quality in my eyes. And does not have the diamondized blades anymore. Tempted to test a Vipertrick. I love drawing off your experience Elknut. I’m gaining a lot off confidence in the way the Nitron is shooting though.

AGPank

WKR
Simmons Sharks 165gr. Looking for better blood trail than with the Magnus.
8614476a04c18cb672e01b95a977a0cc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
E

ElkNut1

WKR
Good stuff guys! Confidence in your equipment is # 1 in my book!

Noklok, thanks! I've taken a couple elk with the older version Thunderheads as well, it was a great Sharp Head!

That Simmons head looks mean! Good luck!

ElkNut

sneaky

"DADDY"
Only thing I don't like about those Simmons is resharpening them. They cut huge holes in critters though

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I tried to like the ViperTricks, but they just don't fly well for me. It's probably a form issue if I had to guess. Either that or they are more suited for slow bows ;)

I'm sure most are in the woods, but I'm wondering what is your experience with blood trails with.
Slick Trick standard 100 grn.
We have already had 2 losses this year and I'm questioning my switch.
Mule deer it was high but should of been top of lung, I saw the hole. Never a single drop of blood. Grid searched for hrs.

My wife lost her 1st Bull, yes it was a bad shot. Thru guts and stuck in back off side leg. Only 6" of arrow showing. 10 yards. She shoots 54 lbs.
Gave him 7 hrs
Tracked him a 1/4 mi before I lost his track.
Again not even 1 single drop of blood.

I've just never had a broadband where I couldn't even find 1 drop.

TxxAgg

WKR
I'm sure most are in the woods, but I'm wondering what is your experience with blood trails with.
Slick Trick standard 100 grn.
We have already had 2 losses this year and I'm questioning my switch.
Mule deer it was high but should of been top of lung, I saw the hole. Never a single drop of blood. Grid searched for hrs.

My wife lost her 1st Bull, yes it was a bad shot. Thru guts and stuck in back off side leg. Only 6" of arrow showing. 10 yards. She shoots 54 lbs.
Gave him 7 hrs
Tracked him a 1/4 mi before I lost his track.
Again not even 1 single drop of blood.

I've just never had a broadband where I couldn't even find 1 drop.

I've had great luck with the Standards for a decade. Blood trails are so dependent on location and sharp sharp blades.

This was most recent. BA0E25CA-E7E7-4FA2-9EBC-38A3E093579E.jpegBled tons.

MT257

WKR
Just ordered the Viper Tricks in 100 grain, without a doubt my favorite head out of any I've ever shot! Awesome results & fantastic blood trails!

Which Broadhead gets the nod from you this year?

ElkNut

Went with the 100gr kudu. Bull stood up took a step to the right. Let the arrow go from 44 yards bull went 15 yards tipped over within 10 seconds.

JNDEER, I hear ya bud! I've got quite a bit of video too seeing the reaction from elk from longbows, recurves & compounds. I can see no connection of broadhead noise making them skittish or jumpy. What I do see is possible bow noise or even more reasonable is the movement we all make in releasing our arrows/bows. There's hand, arm, head movement from us & that certainly can & does cause a reaction. I give zero credit to a broadhead making them drop or lunge. I'm referring to elk here. Thanks!

ElkNut
Never really considered that but I like it... makes more sense to me, I have never cared about Broadhead noise

I used a 125gr kudu contour plus this year, and they certainly earned their spot back in my quiver next year... small sample size but excellent results, and they have crazy good edge retention (like kudu always has) best bargain in broadheads imo... high dollar head without the high dollar head price7264EFF9-B53A-40A9-AFE0-A8F35EF70724.jpeg