Virginia gun laws

But who would actually be the cop charged with this task if the sheriff of the country won’t enforce it? It would normally fall upon the deputies. Special weapons units/ swat teams etc are sheriff departments. They gonna send state troopers, state park rangers and game wardens to perform raids to confiscate weapons?

It is my understanding that a sheriff can have state police removed from his county in the common wealth. I doubt they can do that with national guard, however the way it was explained to me the state police are there to assist with law enforcement in county jurisdictions.

I haven't researched this myself, only what I have been told by an investigator in my county.

ODB

WKR
(affixes tin foil hat)

Then again, what a grand, lefty plan to create even more dissent among the masses than to compel cops to confiscate guns knowing a certain % will not, be relieved of duty, and then replaces with imports who will? Muhahahahahahahaaaaaaa....

A lot of good information here. I’ve heard about it but haven’t really looked into and this was a good place to start

You probably know more about N Virginia than I do as most people I know do what we can to avoid the area. The annual P&Y National Convention is finally coming near where I live and I want to attend, but don't know if I want to go badly enough to go to N Virginia. (I live on a farm in southeast VA, about an hour's drive inland from Virginia Beach/Norfolk)

As for the Ds being reasonable. I don't think they have a choice. While they have the majority in the House and Senate, they are just barely in control. As I stated above I think the Ds will have to pull back on the reins or risk losing all control at the next election (November 2021).

2018-2019
House was 51 Rs and 49 Ds
Senate was 21 Rs and 19 Ds

2020-2021
House is 49 Rs and 51 Ds
Senate is 19 Rs and 21 Ds

(Virginia has no independents)

Clearly if the Ds push too hard they will lose all control at the next election. I think all of their crazy bills and talk are posturing. This is a common political tactic. The problem, as with numerous other states, is that our largest population center (N Virginia) is steering the politics for the rest of the state. The Rs will have to dramatically improve their game or they will be insignificant in 10-20 years.

Yeah, I know, I'm replying to myself. I'm apologizing...

I'd like to point out that I think I was wrong. A week ago I thought that the Ds were posturing. I thought that they would try to pass more moderate bills so as not to alienate moderate voters.

I was very wrong. This morning the Ds advanced 3 major bills out of their first committees. Those 3 bills:

SB70 tightens up background checks even between friends and relatives
SB69 one gun a month
SB35 red flag law

At this rate they may continue to pass all that they want. If they do this the Ds are damn near certain to lose the House and Senate in November 2021. Then the Rs will likely undo everything that the Ds did in the legislative session in early 2022. These are volatile times in Virginia.

Okhotnik

WKR
Yeah, I know, I'm replying to myself. I'm apologizing...

I'd like to point out that I think I was wrong. A week ago I thought that the Ds were posturing. I thought that they would try to pass more moderate bills so as not to alienate moderate voters.

I was very wrong. This morning the Ds advanced 3 major bills out of their first committees. Those 3 bills:

SB70 tightens up background checks even between friends and relatives
SB69 one gun a month
SB35 red flag law

At this rate they may continue to pass all that they want. If they do this the Ds are damn near certain to lose the House and Senate in November 2021. Then the Rs will likely undo everything that the Ds did in the legislative session in early 2022. These are volatile times in Virginia.

Your mistake was thinking that the left wing Dems were reasonable and really are intent on outlawing all firearms and this is easily proven by examining the bills introduced by them as soon as they gained control

Last edited:

ODB

WKR
Turns out I will be 4 blocks from the capitol for an unrelated event. Not really looking forward to the shit-show because no matter how well-behaved people are, there WILL be shit-stirrers who will probably cause a ruckus. Oh, I can see the antifa pukes and their hood-covered heads throwing stuff and antagonizing people, I can see the odd nazi-flag some numbnut will fly, and all the news people framing the entire event by that one idiot...of it’s gonna be fun...

and I hope to hell that everyone who gives two shits about their rights watches closely. These commie bastards are literally coming for your guns; if not northam, then the next, and the next Administration. They are pushing people to the max and putting it all on the line; they feel empowered by their own self-righteousness that YOU are a problem that needs fixing. And the pathetic, mindless minions who are following along will just go along without ever ha int given it a second thought.

remember too, folks, America is the LAST BEST PLACE...there IS no where else...

AlleghenyMountain

Lil-Rokslider
My RINO state senator has sold out on one vote already, I called his office and left a message this evening and will do so again tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

Sherlock

FNG
Imagine what could happen on the Federal level if they control House,Senate & Presidency. 𝗧hank god the Supreme Court has shifted. I’d love to see another justice appointed

zog

Lil-Rokslider
People of all races showed up for the rally, but of course anybody with dark skin was edited out of the coverage so they could stay with their "white nationalist rally" theme.

jmcd22

WKR
I can't help but have a feeling that VA is just the tip of the iceberg. It's hard for me to not see this as a test project for something much larger. Godspeed to all Patriots in VA.

Virginian

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only that sees the irony in Virginia's motto, "Sic semper tyrannis" (Thus ever unto tyrants)?

I was born and raised in Virginia, in the mountains, and have lived here my entire life with the exception of college. It has been a wonderful place to grow up, a place that I looked forward to raising my future family. Our property borders about 20,000 acres of NF. A true sportsman's paradise. I've hunted deer, turkey, bear, and everything else that can walk or fly here since I was old enough to walk with my dad. The county I live in is very conservative and with the exception of increasing taxes I have few complaints about living here, however, over the past few years, the increasingly left-leaning politics of northern Virginia, Richmond, and down east have overshadowed the rest of the state. If you look at a county-by-county map of the last presidential election or any for that matter, you'd see that the overwhelming majority of the state is conservative, but, as in so many other states, the small very high populated areas dominate elections.

I find it very sad that the state that I have loved my entire life and that my family has resided in since coming to the United States before the revolutionary war wants to change the way of life for people that live in areas they have never even heard of not less visited. I'm truly sick over this whole ordeal. I'm certain that with the passage of these extreme anti-gun laws it will assure the Virginia General Assembly will swing back to the Republicans in 2021 and they will undo some and hopefully all of the damage to the second amendment but I see this entire situation as an indicator of the continual shift of Virginia toward the left.

I want to take the time to thank each and every one of you that have supported the efforts here in Virginia and know that we (I) truly do appreciate it. The fight goes on...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

zog

Lil-Rokslider
Am I the only that sees the irony in Virginia's motto, "Sic semper tyrannis" (Thus ever unto tyrants)?

Ironic Indeed.

The full quotation is" Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis" (literally: "Thus always I eradicate tyrants' lives").
The phrase has been invoked historically in Europe and other parts of the world as an epithet or rallying cry against abuse of power.

Felix1776

Lil-Rokslider

I was born and raised in Virginia, in the mountains, and have lived here my entire life with the exception of college. It has been a wonderful place to grow up, a place that I looked forward to raising my future family. Our property borders about 20,000 acres of NF. A true sportsman's paradise. I've hunted deer, turkey, bear, and everything else that can walk or fly here since I was old enough to walk with my dad. The county I live in is very conservative and with the exception of increasing taxes I have few complaints about living here, however, over the past few years, the increasingly left-leaning politics of northern Virginia, Richmond, and down east have overshadowed the rest of the state. If you look at a county-by-county map of the last presidential election or any for that matter, you'd see that the overwhelming majority of the state is conservative, but, as in so many other states, the small very high populated areas dominate elections.

I find it very sad that the state that I have loved my entire life and that my family has resided in since coming to the United States before the revolutionary war wants to change the way of life for people that live in areas they have never even heard of not less visited. I'm truly sick over this whole ordeal. I'm certain that with the passage of these extreme anti-gun laws it will assure the Virginia General Assembly will swing back to the Republicans in 2021 and they will undo some and hopefully all of the damage to the second amendment but I see this entire situation as an indicator of the continual shift of Virginia toward the left.

I want to take the time to thank each and every one of you that have supported the efforts here in Virginia and know that we (I) truly do appreciate it. The fight goes on...

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Very well said. I certainly don't envy your plight. I'm a simple midwestern boy from a very red state and I'm now living in Colorado. The same thing is already happening here and in several other states at the moment. It absolutely terrifies me. I'm really not sure what the hell can be done about it though. The rally looked like it had a great turnout. I saw something about roughly 22,000 people showing up, which is awesome. But if we're being real here, that's a drop in the bucket compared to all the lefties in that state that probably support those crazy laws. I'll be curious to see if it makes any difference. I wish the best for your state.

Sekora

Lil-Rokslider
I used to vote for who I thought was the best candidate on the ballot for the particular position up for grabs. I never really paid much attention to what party the candidate was representing, just my beliefs based on my personal views and research. I never really liked the Republican / Democrat party line way of voting...Until recently. My opinion now is that there are two major parties trying to run this country. One is the American party, the other is the Anti-American party. The Democrats are trying to ruin the United States. The country my ancestors, and countless other heros fought for to make this place what it is. After this whole mess, and the non stop crying of the Democratic party over losing the presidential election, I will NEVER vote for a Democrat again. They have made future election days much easier for me. I will be pushing the button to vote straight Republican from now on.