Virginia Meat Processor Recommendations

Traveler

WKR
I am recently arrived to Virginia and looking for a good wild game processor. I will have deer from VA and deer/elk from out of state (hopefully). Anyone have good game processors they recommend in the northern third if VA? Anywhere from Staunton to Mannassas is fine. Thanks in advance!

kcormack

Lil-Rokslider
Byler Custom Meats. Hans Byler , best processor I have ever dealt with. Highly recommend - Byler Burger on your processing order, Fantastic !!
Byler Custom Meats is also part of the "Hunters for the Hungry" deer donation program.
Located west of I-84 @ New Market,,
Hans Byler 6189 Orchard Dr. ( Rt 881) Timberville / Broadway, Va.. 540-820-2086

Last edited:
OP
T

Traveler

WKR
Byler Custom Meats. Hans Byler , best processor I have ever dealt with. Highly recommend - Byler Burger on your processing order, Fantastic !!
Byler Custom Meats is also part of the "Hunters for the Hungry" deer donation program.
Located west of I-84 @ New Market,,
Hans Byler 6189 Orchard Dr. ( Rt 881) Timberville / Broadway, Va.. 540-820-2086
Thanks for the recommendation!

hntr

FNG
Do it yourself! After paying the processor a few times you could buy what you need. Processers are too hit or miss, plus there is no guarantee you are getting your meat back or if it was even taken care of well.

Red banks custom meats.

16273252537245959272119317392112.jpg

Paul does a good job. We take him deboned elk and deer. The deer we get further processing done to, hotdogs,snack sticks, chipped.

Mennonite, so leave him alone on Sunday, he gets pretty busy too. We store all the deboned meat til he has time to do it for us.

gargra03

Lil-Rokslider
I have used Gadells Processing in Catlett pretty regularly and Hidden Pines in the Madison VA area with good results.

OP
T

Traveler

WKR
Red banks custom meats.

View attachment 310558

Paul does a good job. We take him deboned elk and deer. The deer we get further processing done to, hotdogs,snack sticks, chipped.

Mennonite, so leave him alone on Sunday, he gets pretty busy too. We store all the deboned meat til he has time to do it for us.
Thanks for the recco Billy Goat. For some reason my alerts weren’t on or I would’ve responded sooner. This is pretty close to one of the areas I’m hunting.

OP
T

Traveler

WKR
Do it yourself! After paying the processor a few times you could buy what you need. Processers are too hit or miss, plus there is no guarantee you are getting your meat back or if it was even taken care of well.
I did get backstrap steak back once from a processor even though I kept those for myself…🧐 Used to do own years ago, need to get setup in place again.

OP
T

Traveler

WKR
Also, check with the bow shop at Cabelas in Gainesville. Word has it that some of those guys process privately for customers.