Virtual Boston Marathon

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone else besides me signed up for the virtual Boston Marathon? They took away the qualifying time and the competition time limit so I decided to train and run it. Probably the only chance I would get at doing it. I said run it but it will be an alternating run/walk deal for me. I did a 8 mile run/walk 2 weekends ago in Fargo. Ran at home this weekend for 4.6 miles, will run tomorrow for about 3 miles. My shorter runs are continuous with any run over 5 miles a combo of run/walk.

October 2019 I was 323 lbs.

October 2020 I ran my first 5k and won my age group (60 yrs old) Have run 3 more since then, winning my age group.

October 2021, Virtual Boston Marathon (I hope 😁)

Just giving myself an exercise goal, was wondering if anyone else is going to try to do it.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
Cool, good luck!!! I qualified and ran in 2005 and 2008 but I no longer run due to injury.

Let us know how it goes.

Reactions: LLB

travispe

FNG
Has anyone else besides me signed up for the virtual Boston Marathon? They took away the qualifying time and the competition time limit so I decided to train and run it. Probably the only chance I would get at doing it. I said run it but it will be an alternating run/walk deal for me. I did a 8 mile run/walk 2 weekends ago in Fargo. Ran at home this weekend for 4.6 miles, will run tomorrow for about 3 miles. My shorter runs are continuous with any run over 5 miles a combo of run/walk.

October 2019 I was 323 lbs.

October 2020 I ran my first 5k and won my age group (60 yrs old) Have run 3 more since then, winning my age group.

October 2021, Virtual Boston Marathon (I hope )

Just giving myself an exercise goal, was wondering if anyone else is going to try to do it.
Thats awesome. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: LLB
OP
L

LLB

Lil-Rokslider
Ran the virtual Boston 5k on Friday as part of my marathon training. Set a PR of 28:11, knocked 50 seconds off my previous one. Currently running 3 days a week, Tuesday and Thursday at 1 hr. Recovery walks of 1 hr on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Off Saturday before long run on Sunday. Strength and core exercises after walks.

Virtual Boston 10k in June, virtual Boston half in September, virtual marathon in October. Figured if I signed up for the marathon then I might as well collect all 4 of the Unicorns. Will work the races in my training plan.