Volunteers Needed to Hunt Bison on the Grand Canyon's North Rim

Antares

WKR
Go back and read your original comment that I quoted. If you still don't understand why working for a taxpayer funded agency isn't a typical volunteer situation, I don't know what to tell you.

Just about every state and federal natural resource management agency has a volunteer program. It's a very common type of volunteer opportunity, particularly for young people and retirees who are interested in the outdoors.

Last edited:

wweaver

FNG
Well iam in. I can guarantee that myself as well as others on this site have volunteered for way worse govt clusters than this could ever turn out to be.

MattB

WKR
This cull made the 8:00 new in SF, neither here nor there but on the liberal radar.

I haerd that more than 12 people died from Covid... Now lightning, that's 1 in 16000 so you absolutely have a better chance of getting hit by lightning. Now I'm worried.

I am one of the 45,000.

Here's my my fear: getting selected as one of the top 25...only to get dropped at the cutdown to 12.

Here's my nightmare: getting selected as one of the top 12, taking a week off work, driving 22 hours to the Grand Canyon with five of my buddies....only to fail the shooting test.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
I hope they entered all 45000 applicants into the Arizona draw system --- bison will die of old age before they calculated the results.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Opah

WKR
Is there really anyone here that is worried about getting 3 of 5 shots into a 4" plate ?
I seriously think if you don't get the 5 for 5 in a good tight group you will not even be considered.

Last edited:

Antares

WKR
Is there really anyone here that is worried about getting 3 of 5 shots into a 4" plate ?
I seriously think if you don't get the 5 for 5 in a good tight group you will not even be considered.

Have you ever seen the way airlines handle baggage?