Vortex 15x56 vs 18x56

NallaJ23

FNG
I currently have a pair of Vortex Diamondback HD 15x56 binoculars for my tripod. I’m wondering if upgrading to the Razor 18x56 or even the Kaibab 18x56 is worth it?

ROON99

FNG
I’ve had the Kaibab’s and I’ve got friends that have both the Diamondbacks and Razors. If you’ve got the money and you plan on spending a lot of time behind them, the Razors are worth it.

IMO the Razor UHD 18x56 are far superior optically to the Diamondback HDs. If you aren’t stuck on 18x56s the Swaro SLCs 15x56s are in that price range too, and worth a look. Just with improved glass you’ll be able to pull details that you’ve possibly missed with the Diamondbacks. If you have the funds, the upgrade is definitely worth it especially if you are using the higher power binos in-Iieu of a spotting scope IMO.

nphunter

WKR
Either would be an upgrade, if you have the money for the Razors then consider the Meopta and Swaros as well in 15s. I have Meopta's and they are great optically, probably better at 15s than my Razors are at 10s, I have never looked through a pair of UHD Razors but I'm sure they are great, they are also big. If your set on 18's and have the money the Razors are really the only thing available and are probably great.

I think you would find more game with the 15s in either a Swaro or Meopta than you will the 18s in a Kaibab.