Vortex amazing customer service

So back in February my father in laws barn burned down. It was a very hot fire with a lot of equipment and fuel inside. Melted aluminum bike frames, scopes, etc. I had a set of Viper HD 12x50’s and my FIL had a set of Fury rangefinding Binos. Digging through the rubble, we only could find lenses, prisms, and what looked like a small computer board attached to a lense that we presumed were his set. I emailed vortex about it and they said to send what we could find in. Less than 2 weeks later, I get a box from Vortex with a brand new set of Vipers and a letter stating we’ll get the Fury’s as soon as they are in stock. For absolutely no charge. Keep in mind, these aren’t cheap sets. The Vipers average $550 and the Fury’s are well over $1000. I’m blown away by this. Obviously this goes way above a warranty claim. It wasn’t there fault at all but needless to say, their customer service is the best of any company I’ve ever seen…period. I encourage anyone to buy Vortex! DA3C5285-4117-4A0A-B927-04D1ECE63402.jpegD92ABC9E-E875-459E-9187-9C41520276E3.jpegA0CA315F-6DA3-489F-B47C-CCC0A4DF568D.jpeg

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Wow and that is some excellent CS. Hats off to Vortex.

I've had to use their CS twice and both times they have been excellent. Solved my problems and did it quickly and did not cost me a dime.

Eddie

87TT

WKR
Sent my Razor spotter in for a blurry spot a week ago and it's on it's way back as we speak.(y)

Last edited:

68Plexi

WKR
Had a pair of Vortex binos on a tripod on the top of my truck, stepped away for a few seconds, and the wind blew them over down to the ground. Completely my fault. Came back to me working perfectly in less than 2 weeks.

They’ve sent me discontinued parts I’ve needed, hats and T-shirt’s, multiple times, all at no charge.

Some will say it’s just great marketing, and the warranty isn’t helpful when your gear fails in the field. But I’ve had gear fail from just about every backpacking/hunting company, and in the field is when it always fails because that’s when it’s getting used hard.

My experience with Vortex has been excellent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nphunter

WKR
I totally agree with them having great CS. I have an almost 10yr old skyline tripod, it’s been discontinued for several years. I wanted a spare quick detach plate for it and called to see if they sold them. They don’t but keep a couple in stock for when people lose or damaged them as warranty stock. They wouldn’t sell me one but sent me one in the mail for free along with a new hat just for reaching out.

Nothing but positive things to say about them, I’ve also had zero issues that were actually needing warranty repairs. I have a HST scope, 6 pairs of Viper HD 10x42’s for our crews at work, my kid won some crossfire 10x42’s at a 3D shoot, I have a viper hd spotter, a razor HD spotter and razor hd 10x42’s. I’ve had several of those items for close to 10 years of super hare use and have never had a single issue with any of them.

Reddog

FNG
I am a bit envious after hearing some of these great customer service stories. I live in New Zealand and companies with "great warranties and customer service" dont seem so great if you live outside north america.
Leupold is the exception. The NZ agents (NZ asia) are great and stand by their product.
As for Vortex. I had a problem with a Vortex product, just some faulty buckles on a bino harness. The closest Vortex agent in Australian wanted to replace with the same faulty buckles. Vortex America had the correct replacements, but would not send them. After months and loads of emails I had a set sent to my brother in Canada. He then shipped to New Zealand. Just too hard.
Sig Sauer is similar. I purchased a rangefinder while in the states. Back in New Zealand it failed and the local Sig agent would not do anything as it was not purchased in New Zealand.
Sig America would not even let me ship it to them (they would not give me a shipping address). I had to ship it to a friend in California who rang Sig. Shipped it to Sig, repair, shipped back to friend who shipped to New Zealand.
The Sig BDX is awesome, but customer service is not.
These companies need to think globally.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
I totally agree with them having great CS. I have an almost 10yr old skyline tripod, it’s been discontinued for several years. I wanted a spare quick detach plate for it and called to see if they sold them. They don’t but keep a couple in stock for when people lose or damaged them as warranty stock. They wouldn’t sell me one but sent me one in the mail for free along with a new hat just for reaching out.
Same here. Needed a mounting plate for a Ridgeview tripod that I bought in the bargain cave at Cabelas and Vortex had one to me in a couple days... free of charge.

I'm sure I've been critical of Vortex in the past, but there is no denying they have created a niche for themselves in the market. They offer a decent price point and customer service that most other manufacturers have whiffed on.

Ucsdryder

WKR
Add me to the vortex fan club. I marred up the windage knob on my LHT taking it off to adjust elevation. I called vortex and told them what happened and insisted on paying for the part. The guy had none of it and then had the audacity to ask my shirt size! A week later I got a new set of caps and a t-shirt! Oh and the LHT is awesome!

HuntNTag

WKR
They get plenty of flack from folks about needing their warranty but I’ve had nothing but amazing service from them every time I’ve needed anything from them. I also have not had anything bust and instead have wrecked things on my own plenty of times

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
W
Exactly! This was in no way their fault and I almost felt bad even asking them about it. I just wish my insurance had the same level of customer service….. that’s a different story.

zulu

FNG
Vortex warranty is why I keep buying their products. Only have had one issue with a tripod but it was a quick and easy interaction to get it fixed.

That is pretty amazing, but isn’t that to be expected with a no fault unconditional warranty? I do agree that it’s awesome they stand by that and I could see other companies trying to squirm their way out of your issue

It is cool to see them stand behind it, they set themselves apart in that regard for sure

I would say they went above and beyond in this case.

However as far as actual warranty issues my experience with their products has been to need warranty service on every single item I’ve owned from them. I have an issue with that. Yes they took care of the issue every time but to have a failure on every piece of gear and at least twice being while in the field is unacceptable.

As a comparison, the only issue I’ve ever had with Leupold was with a fading display in a rangefinder and it was promptly replaced with a new unit.

I’ve never used a Swarovski warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: WRO

Ucsdryder

WKR
I would say they went above and beyond in this case.

However as far as actual warranty issues my experience with their products has been to need warranty service on every single item I’ve owned from them. I have an issue with that. Yes they took care of the issue every time but to have a failure on every piece of gear and at least twice being while in the field is unacceptable.

As a comparison, the only issue I’ve ever had with Leupold was with a fading display in a rangefinder and it was promptly replaced with a new unit.

I’ve only needed warranty work on the 1 leupold product I’ve owned, a rangefinder that didn’t range the correct distance. It was 2.5 years old and they told me to kick rocks. Last leupold product I’ll ever own. I haven’t had an issue with my vortex scope, so I guess we’re exactly opposite, except in your case you got your issue resolved because of a good warranty.

I’ve only needed warranty work on the 1 leupold product I’ve owned, a rangefinder that didn’t range the correct distance. It was 2.5 years old and they told me to kick rocks. Last leupold product I’ll ever own. I haven’t had an issue with my vortex scope, so I guess we’re exactly opposite, except in your case you got your issue resolved because of a good warranty.

I will readily admit the one place Vortex,s warranty is better is electro optics.

Leupold used to have a lifetime replacement for the first defective but only 2 years on the replacement. Surprised they didn’t take care of you on the first replacement.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I will readily admit the one place Vortex,s warranty is better is electro optics.

Leupold used to have a lifetime replacement for the first defective but only 2 years on the replacement. Surprised they didn’t take care of you on the first replacement.

Me too. I even sent it in because he said “we’ll look at it”. Then called me and said it looks like something wrong with the electronics and confirmed it wasn’t due to neglect but I was sol. It was 2 years ago and I’m still a little bitter. It’s probably time to let it go. 😆

We all should consider the products warranty when we purchase a product, especially when the product involves electronics. But to brag about a no fault warrenty for a product not involving electronics is pretty pointless, as the company must fix or replace the product. Similarly, complaining about a company for not covering a product out of warrenty is also pointless.

However, missing an animal or the opportunity directly due to a product failure on a product that has a clear reputation for failure, is simply avoidable. Personally, I will steer clear of Vortex scopes on hunting rifles [I do own a couple), but based on their warrenty, I would absolutely consider their rangefinder. But then, Leica's 10 year warrenty on the electronics of their rangefinder is pretty damn good, granted there is a significant price difference, but then the glass is soooooo much better on the Leicas. Yet we all get to decide on how much glass we are willing to spring for.

CorbLand

WKR

I have. Overall the process was smooth and the only frustrating thing was the failure was theirs and I had to pay to ship it back. Shipping from the intermountain west to east coast was a little pricy. Turn around time was a little slow but reasonable.

I have had mixed result with Vortex, one which included a wait time of 11 months for an item I ordered that was listed as in stock the entire time I waited. Took multiple phone calls to finally get it.