Vortex amazing customer service

CorbLand

WKR
A person is excited to share a good experience and then people line up to crap on it. That seems like a Karen to me. People who struggle to allow others to enjoy their moment. You are right though, it is commonplace now.
I guess I see it differently. If I posted a negative thread, there would be an equal number of people jumping into talk about the positive experiences they have. I haven't seen anywhere in this thread that I would say anyone has "lined up to crap on the guys experience," just stated their own.

Last edited:

CorbLand

WKR
You know, i was a Vortex rep thru OSMG for over 6 years. THey have sent me probably 100+ hats to give out at Cabelas stores to customers. Not once, and i mean not once, was there a flat bill in the boxes.
Oh lord the number of hats I have been given by Vortex...I have about 10 I haven't worn and I haven't taken one in 5 plus years.

Last edited:

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Basically with a vortex razor bino, you're paying $999 and getting $333 worth of binocular and $666 worth of warranty coverage. Nothing wrong with it, works for a lot of guys and Vortex has done an excellent job promoting their product.
Got some real data to back up that nugget?

CorbLand

WKR
Exactly , not a bino out there that sells for 300-400 less than the Razor that is better.
I haven't been able to spend a ton of time behind both to get a good comparison but I would say that the BX4s are pretty close. This is comparing to Razors not the UHDs.

I would still take a pair of Conquests over either.

JGRaider

WKR
Exactly , not a bino out there that sells for 300-400 less than the Razor that is better.
Well, I'll nominate the Tract Toric UHD as being at least as good, and slightly better than the Razor even though it's way less money.

There's always something equally as good for the same or less money that anything Vortex offers. Only possible exception would be the Fury AB's.

KHNC

WKR
Well, I'll nominate the Tract Toric UHD as being at least as good, and slightly better than the Razor even though it's way less money.

There's always something equally as good for the same or less money that anything Vortex offers. Only possible exception would be the Fury AB's.
So you think 754.00 vs 999.00 is WAY less money? I had never heard of TT so i looked them up. They do look good, but questionable on being as good or better for the money. The Razor HD's are very good and the UHD's are damn good.

JGRaider

WKR
I consider a 30% savings significantly less money, yes. I realize it's subjective, and that your biased in Vortex' favor since you worked for them (that's fine though), BUT I spent considerable time with the two mentioned mounted on tripods in muley country. The Toric handles better, has slightly better glass, and is better built than the Chinese Razor. The Toric is Japanese and the quality difference is obvious. The Monarch HG is also noticeably better than the Razor for the same money, FWIW.

I also find it laughable that a Vortex UHD goes for the same money as a mint, used SLC HD. At least Vortex pulled their heads out of their assss and had the UHD made in Japan.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
So you think 754.00 vs 999.00 is WAY less money? I had never heard of TT so i looked them up. They do look good, but questionable on being as good or better for the money. The Razor HD's are very good and the UHD's are damn good.
The Tracts are real good. A lot like Vortex was in the beginning. Japan made. Good warranty. However a bit risky with a newer company to honor the warranty long term.

At least Vortex has been in business long enough to feel good about buying.

I think JG Raider is keying in on the Razors since they moved production to China even though it's pretty much been proven the China razors are turning out as good as the Japanese model over the long haul.
Actually the Japanese supplier is the one who moved and built a new factory in China. Vortex didn't have a say in it unless they wanted to go to a different Japanese optics maker and start from scratch and pay way more for the same product.
Vortex still does as much Japanese build as possible but that is getting more expensive every year. I though the 50mm Razor HD were still a Japanese product?? Maybe not. The UHD's obviously are.
Vortex did however go to a new scope supplier with the new Razor spotters and went from a China build to a unit assembled in the U.S. from Japanese parts and glass....for the same money as before. So there's that for the haters to chew up.

KHNC

WKR
The Tracts are real good. A lot like Vortex was in the beginning. Japan made. Good warranty. However a bit risky with a newer company to honor the warranty long term.

I think JG Raider is keying in on the Razors since they moved production to China even though it's pretty much been proven the China razors are turning out as good as the Japanese model over the long haul.
Actually the Japanese supplier is the one who moved and built a new factory in China. Vortex didn't have a say in it unless they wanted to go to a different Japanese optics maker and start from scratch and pay way more for the same product.
Vortex still does as much Japanese build as possible but that is getting more expensive every year. I though the 50mm Razor HD were still a Japanese product?? Maybe not. The UHD's obviously are.
Vortex did however go to a new scope supplier with the new Razor spotters and went from a China build to a unit assembled in the U.S. from Japanese parts and glass....for the same money as before. So there's that for the haters to chew up.
All of that is solid info that I had not yet followed up on. Thanks!

billoo349

Lil-Rokslider
I'm a little torn on the warranty. I just sent in a viper hs scope because frankly it sucks. Hard to focus and not nearly as clear as other vortex Scopes or even an old Nikon buck master.

The warranty department was kind and quick, but right on first contact in which I didn't give many details they basically said yep it's broken we'll fix it. That gave me a sour taste just because it made me think that they are warranting these scopes like candy. They must know it's an inferior product and are told just warranty it and the customer is always right.

I'd rather have a company build a quality product and have reservations on just warrantying everything rather then building an inferior product and fixing it.

They replaced some of the glass because it was shifting on impact and had a parallax issue... It still sucks.

Sent from my motorola one 5G UW ace using Tapatalk

WRO

WKR

I have a buddy who works at Cabelas, he said out of the box he's seeing about 10% defect rate on the new razors. (granted its a small sample size)

I'd be leery of any of these OEM rebranders like tract, GPO, even maven to a certain extent. They'll be the first to tip over and leave you holding the bag when this whole thing corrects.

Got some real data to back up that nugget?
I don't have (insert chinese optics company)'s manufacturing pricing sheet in front of me, but if a company promotes the crap out of the fact that they'll replace your product "no questions asked" for free, several times over, they are likely planning on replacing that item at least twice throughout its lifetime.

Again, not hatin. Vortex has their place and they fill it well. OPs story is cool as hell and stuff like that should be taken into consideration for anybody looking to get into some decent optics. Are there better optics for the price? Definitely. If you're rough on equipment and don't need the best optical quality, vortex will probably fill your needs.

Reactions: WRO