Vortex Bino - Better Value?

ganngus

Lil-Rokslider
I have a few gift cards and discount codes for a store that are about to expire. With this in mind, does anyone have an opinion on which of these binos would be a better value?

Vortex Razor UHD 12x50 at $1400; or
Vortex Viper HD 12x50 at $250?

Huntin Fool

Lil-Rokslider
I have a pair of 12x50 vipers that I really like and at $250 that is a steal especially if they are new, that being said I’m sure you’d be happy with the better uhd. Just depends on your situation and how much you’re willing to spend

Intended use? If it’s just to look through occasionally or for short durations, then grab the Vipers. If it’s for actually glassing and extended use, then grab the Razors.

Xlr8n

Lil-Rokslider
Value is in the eye of the beholder. You're getting about $400 off retail on both with your codes and cards. From a percentage perspective the Vipers are the way better "value" as you'll have way less out of pocket in them....unless they are not up to task for the type of glassing you do in which cases they become pretty much useless and you just wasted the gift cards plus $250 bucks. In that case the razors become the better "value". Only you can determine if the Vipers are up to par.

sako4me

FNG
Euro Optic will always do better on the price just by asking, at least they have for us. Viper Hds priced at $ 489 they knocked down to $380 something for my younger brother the other week, just by asking.

Gone4Days

WKR
$1400 can get you some used SLC 10x42’s. if you get Vortex, you’ll probably look to upgrade eventually.

BXB77

FNG
Considering you will eventually upgrade the Vipers I think the Razors are a better value. I have the Viper 12’s and they are ok, but I already want to upgrade

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

68Plexi

WKR
Razors. Then you can sell them and get a pair of Mavens or used SLC’s. Lol. Always on the upgrade train with glass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk