Vortex Bino

JeremiahH

WKR
I'm trying to find out if anyone out there has experience with the Vortex Diamondback bino. I know I want the 8x32 or the 10x32. I just am not sure which ones would be the best purchase.
Wondering the pros and cons to each in a comparison. Advantages and hindrance information for each one if anybody would be so kind.

Matt Cashell

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to Rokslide, Idahohunter!

i don't have any experience with the 32mm Diamondbacks, but the 42mm are good values for the money. On the 8x32 or 10X32 question, check out the recent "8 or 10" and "32 or 42" threads in the optics section. Lots of good recent info and opinions in those threads.

Vortex diamondbacks are very good for the money. Both for hunting and otherwise, the 32mm options are highly regarded in their price point. Lightweight, fast focus (recalling from memory, I don't currently own then), fairly good resolution (level of detail). A bit more blur around the edges than I prefer but still a clear center for making out antlers and such. I believe both 8x and 10x are relatively light for their categories. The 10x will be darker at dusk, harder to hold steady. I have not compared the two mentioned, however, I have used the 8x32 diamondback for a few days and did not experience eye fatigue. Whichever you decide, spend time behind the optics before buying. Compare and contrast, rinse, repeat.

rodney482

WKR
I have a set of 8x32 vipers and LOVE them!!

I would not go over 8x in a 32mm optic.

I have owned the diamondbacks in 10x42 and they worked great!

I think you will be very happy with the 8x32

OP
JeremiahH

JeremiahH

WKR
This is some good info guys. Thank you! I need to get my hands on some next week and do some size comparison.

ElkNut1

WKR
The DiamondBack 10X32 would be my choice, I used the Viper 10X32 for a couple years & they are very nice & easy to wear & manage, I really like the smaller feel to them. THe glass in the Diamondback will surprise you, it's pretty decent!

ElkNut1

OP
JeremiahH

JeremiahH

WKR
The DiamondBack 10X32 would be my choice, I used the Viper 10X32 for a couple years & they are very nice & easy to wear & manage, I really like the smaller feel to them. THe glass in the Diamondback will surprise you, it's pretty decent!

ElkNut1

I've been comparing on the vortex website. The 10x32 are the ones that I keep looking back to. I like the smaller size and weight to them vs a 10x42. I am an archery hunter so I think they would suit me fine.

OP
JeremiahH

JeremiahH

WKR
Thanx everybody for the tips. After getting some hands on I've decided to go for the 10x42 diamondbacks. I have a cheaper pair i can use for my Tree stand stuff, so i decided on a little more range for some other hunts i have coming up like caribou north of the brooks Range this August, these will suit me a little better for some open tundra I'm thinking.