Vortex diamondback hd 12x50 vs 10x50

Ragnüs

FNG
Hey! I'm finally going to upgrade to some new binos this year and I'm torn between the 12x50 vs 10x 50 vortex diamondback hd. I'll be using them for glassing mulies and elk in colorado and I'm not 100% sure which would be best. I really don't mind the extra few ounces of the 12s. But just need some advice for any of y'all that have used them, any thoughts?

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Hey! I'm finally going to upgrade to some new binos this year and I'm torn between the 12x50 vs 10x 50 vortex diamondback hd. I'll be using them for glassing mulies and elk in colorado and I'm not 100% sure which would be best. I really don't mind the extra few ounces of the 12s. But just need some advice for any of y'all that have used them, any thoughts?
Great question - are you going to be running a spotter as well? Personally, I like the 10x as they will give you a wider field of view which will make it easier to acquire your target. With the less magnification you are also going to be getting a better image.

OP
R

Ragnüs

FNG
Great question - are you going to be running a spotter as well? Personally, I like the 10x as they will give you a wider field of view which will make it easier to acquire your target. With the less magnification you are also going to be getting a better image.
Yea, I have a spotting scope I bring as well and I would try to be able to switch the spotting scope and the binos from the same tripod.

gcronin

Lil-Rokslider
Rokslide Sponsor
Yea, I have a spotting scope I bring as well and I would try to be able to switch the spotting scope and the binos from the same tripod.
Awesome - I would go with the 10x then if it were me.